Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a GT 40 intake on my 93 cobra(stock)..Want to buy the 3/8 spacer and gaskets of course.What do you all think of those spacers?? good/bad/wate of money....Whats the biggest you can go with making any hood adjustments 3/8 or 1/2 thanks you guys

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
The 3/8 spacer should be able to go under the stock hood. The 1/2, maybe. The idea of a spacer is two things... clearance for things like throttle cables, valve covers, and so on. And then they extend the runner length of the intake, and is supposed to increase torque a small amount. You might see it on the dyno, on the street you may or may not feel it. But it wouldn't hurt to get one.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice thank you.I thought maybe a very small gain.I am going with the 3/8.Trying to find all those ponys.I also heard that I have to make modifications to the egr to reach properly??ever heard of this

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Nice thank you.I thought maybe a very small gain.I am going with the 3/8.Trying to find all those ponys.I also heard that I have to make modifications to the egr to reach properly??ever heard of this
you should not have to modify the egr because there is no egr tube running directly to the egr spacer, it goes through the intake manifold. If the spacer does not have a hole between the ports then your egr flow will be blocked off. what those spacers do is isolate the upper intake from the upper effectively cooling your intake charge.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
spacers are a cracked upper intake bolt ear waiting to happen - better use no more than 8-12 lb-ft.

If you don't need it for clearance - don't use it.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
That's exactly what happened with my explorer intake with my 1" spacer, cracked it all the way into the port.

·
Registered
103 Posts
ya mine is cracked also..haha.. can it be fixed? or if you weld it it would warp? any ideas?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Maybe try some JB weld

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
it can be welded - both pieces need to be bolted down to eliminate warpage.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
ya mine is cracked also..haha.. can it be fixed? or if you weld it it would warp? any ideas?
I ended up having someone weld it up and resurface it for me. Charged me 40 bucks for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.