Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I own a 2004 3.8 v6 mustang and I recently had an exhaust installed. I have
Pype's catted X- pipe for v6 and SLP loudmouth catback. My question is I wanted to get pacesetter long tube headers and I didn't know if they would fit. I'm trying to get a throatier sound and wondered if shorty headers really make a difference.

·
Registered
478 Posts
shorty headers give you a more raspy tone andd long tube headers give you that amazing rumble

·
Registered
323 Posts
The Pacesetter L/Ts should fit fine as long as you have a manual transmission. I read recently that Pacesetter L/Ts won't fit on an automatic. They'll fit but you will also need to swap your midpipe for a shorty midpipe that is compatible with L/T headers.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
on the summit racing site the pacesetters they have say they fit automatics

·
Registered
60 Posts
i have a 2004 v6 3.9 l also. will shorty headers fit my mustang? willl long headers fit my mustang? then what is the diffrence? thanks!!:D

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
yes, and yes they should fit the only difference is internal.. the heads and block are exactly the same from 3.8 to 3.9

·
Registered
60 Posts
yes, and yes they should fit the only difference is internal.. the heads and block are exactly the same from 3.8 to 3.9
thanks! then what is the advantage of going wiht a shorty rather that a long one?

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
no the advantage is in getting the long one.. shorty's flow the same as your stock header.. longtubes flow and sound better

·
Registered
60 Posts
so will shortys improve the hp? will long improve hp? wich is better?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
so will shortys improve the hp? will long improve hp? wich is better?
Shorties will give you nothing; your stock headers flow very well. Long tubes will give you some extra power but be careful if you have to pass emissions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have high flow cats on my X pipe, will long tube headers bolt right up to my X pipe. :bigthumbsup Thanks for the info by the way very helpful.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.