Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this thing for a Fox with side exhaust. Can't say it's all that common since I've only seen one, which had the exhaust hammered almost flat for clearance under the car and out the sides. I have been contemplating customizing some tunnels for the exhaust where the back seats used to be. Of course I do not want to mess with the lower control arm mounting points so it seems to me going over them would be more practical. Covering the tunnels with some heat barrier material should keep the high temps out of the interior.

Here are some primitive(almost comical) pictures of what I have in mind. If anyone has any input, negative or positive about this idea, please share....I want to make sure I don't miss anything!

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
now you can say you have seen two.(and these ain't hammered flat.)

your idea is deffinitlly unique. (just seams like more work then it's worth but hey it would be neat.)

while the pipes are under the car if you angle them towards the outside you clear control arms.

but i guessing your going from down pipes to mufflers then out,which is why your trying to go straight 90 then out? ( i ended up shortning my down pipes and moveing every thing forward so i could angle mine out.)

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will be using longtubes so I will have even less room....prob end up using a pair of short race mufflers. I was thinking about cutting out the actual quarter panel and using a thru-tip like one of these. It's interesting how you got yours to clear, I just spent an hour looking at mine and was convinced it couldn't be done....lol

Attachments

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Interesting idea, how would you keep the paint from being damaged from the heat?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those tips are designed so that the part that contacts the body doesn't get to incredibly hot.
Stud5.0 can you post some pics of yours?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.