Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, what are some of the best options for interior/dash cleaning and protection? On the '96 I've been using that F21 stuff from Turtlewax and it has done well but I'm curious if there is anything out there with more UV protection while not drying out the interior? Has anybody tried the Meguiar's Natural Shine Protectant? What else might be worth a look?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Personally, Meguiar's isn't good for sh*t! I've used their was-n-wax and their interior quick clean and shine and I was dissappointed with both. I wen't back to good 'ol fashion Armor All products. The only thing I liked about the Meguiar's is they all smell good. Just my .02 though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
You might not be able to find it locally but i use this stuff exclusively. 303 Aerospace protectant. Leaves a matte/like new finish, none of that shiny stuff, and repels dust like nobodys business. Quick glance on google will supply plenty of places to pick it up from.

·
Registered
432 Posts
You might not be able to find it locally but i use this stuff exclusively. 303 Aerospace protectant. Leaves a matte/like new finish, none of that shiny stuff, and repels dust like nobodys business. Quick glance on google will supply plenty of places to pick it up from.
What he said - a big endorsement of 303. I just got their "convertible care kit" from autogeek.net, so I know that site sells the 303 Aerospace products. When I invested some serious dollars in a hot-tub cover the supplier said that is all he ever told his customers about: 303 Vinyl Protectant. I now use it on my convertible top and the interior dash top, etc. Great stuff!

·
Registered
420 Posts
What he said - a big endorsement of 303. I just got their "convertible care kit" from autogeek.net, so I know that site sells the 303 Aerospace products. When I invested some serious dollars in a hot-tub cover the supplier said that is all he ever told his customers about: 303 Vinyl Protectant. I now use it on my convertible top and the interior dash top, etc. Great stuff!

+3 etc.
Can't be stated enough. Used this stuff for the last, uh, 7-8 years now. Tires, dashes, anything exposed to the sun that isn't leather. It's the best.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, I actually just picked up a bottle today for use on headlight lenses. What would be a good option for light cleaning/dusting? What about a more robust cleaner?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I'm a big fan of the wolfgang interior cleaner. It's not oil based so it drys clean and doesn't leave a greasy and shiny residue.

Wolfgang Vinyl & Rubber Protectant penetrates beyond the surface to maintain pliability and integrity of vinyl and rubber surfaces!

Autogeek also offers a trial size for $6 if you want to give it a shot before buying the full size bottle. It actually will last a few months. their trial sizes are fairly generous.

Wolfgang Vinyl & Rubber Protectant 4 oz. Sample

As always, apply and wipe with a decent (cobra is good) brand microfiber cloth so it doesn't leave lint or dust behind.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I definitely want to try out the Aerospace and Wolfgang products, the Armor All and Meguirs I've used tend to suck and leave oil residue.

Not to thread jack, but do Aerospace or Wolfgang also make tire shine products that don't turn the tires brown?

·
Registered
71 Posts
aerospace 303

I always mist my tires with Wesley's Bleachwhite, wet a brush and scrub them down and rinse. Now that they are clean, apply the 303 to get a new look as opposed to a shiny(fake) look.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I always mist my tires with Wesley's Bleachwhite, wet a brush and scrub them down and rinse. Now that they are clean, apply the 303 to get a new look as opposed to a shiny(fake) look.
that stuff can/will wreak havoc on a painted wheel. I've seen first hand that stuff corrode the edges of painted wheels.

I definitely want to try out the Aerospace and Wolfgang products, the Armor All and Meguirs I've used tend to suck and leave oil residue.

Not to thread jack, but do Aerospace or Wolfgang also make tire shine products that don't turn the tires brown?
I know woflgang makes some

Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel this thick gel penetrates beneath the surface to give your tires a long-lasting true glow!

I tried some (my neighbor has it) and it's nice but didn't notice anything much different from the Meguiars gel. I'm not really concerned about longevity since I wash the car more or less every weekend unless I'm out of town and pretty much all the tire sines will last a week.

I've yet to seen any turn a tire brown though ??

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the tip on the 303 Aerospace, just ordered some. I have been looking for something to use on the inside besides the shiny armor all.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I use Poorboy's Spray and Rinse on wheels... usually 50:50 mix with water. Works great and no muss no fuss brake dust goes away. If you have really bad build up, use it full strength.
Then use 303 on the wheels after I'm done.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I like and use 303 products, but a good and more widely available alternative is Lexol's Vinylex. It's a tad more shiny than 303. I use the 303 on interior stuff and the Vinylex on tires and exterior trim. Both provide good UV protection.

Vinylex by Lexol

·
Registered
138 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just bought some 303 Aerospace and Wolfgang Paint Sealant 3.0....thanks for the tips! ..(and asking the question OP)

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Still wondering what the best way to clean up the interior pieces prior to something like 303 is. Anybody have a better idea than a warm, moist microfiber towel??

·
Registered
115 Posts
I use those Swiffer Dusters in between full detailings.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Still wondering what the best way to clean up the interior pieces prior to something like 303 is. Anybody have a better idea than a warm, moist microfiber towel??
Nope that's what I use. Add a little mild soap to it if it's a stubborn stain (say like the wife's iced coffee on the leather seats! - Not that I'd ever have to clean that up... weekly :nono: )

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.