Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm looking for a bit more flash for the interior of my GT (leather interior, all in black). I'm thinking of getting that Bullit interior kit, which gives me a brushed aluminum replacement for my door locks, wiper knob, headlight knob, door handles, and a few other buttons and dials. The other thing I want to get is the Bullit brushed aluminum drop-in for the clutch stick, which I've already upgraded with an aluminum Steeda clutch knob and a leather sock.

I've also had my eye on some of the brushed aluminum interior kits, but I'm very leery about putting anything on my console where step one is "Apply glue and pressure". Are there any good interior kits that actually replace the standard matte black plastic? And how do people think it will look to have brushed aluminum backings and knobs- too much metal in the car's interior? Thoughts are welcome.

S

·
0 Posts
I'm not all too familiar with interior dress up items BUT I think you're right on with going for the brushed aluminum. I think chrome would be a bit much in your interior so a more subdued look would work well. Have you looks at the kits and items from UPR? Moss Muscle and American Muscle have quite a few items as well.

:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
brushed aluminum for sure, not polished. The polished doesn't stay looking polished for long anyways, and requires a lot of upkeep.

UPR is probably the only place you'd need to go to get everything you need, and as long as you stick with the same company, everything matches nicely.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I think the brushed aluminum will look nice but not all riced out ya know also do go spray painting the panels and stuff seen that too much and it looks horrid:nono:

·
Registered
599 Posts
I like the "interior upgrade package" which was offered on the 03 & 04 machs and gt's....The silver painted radio and shifter bezels and guage cluster bezel. I changed out mine to ones from a mach, and painted the guage cluter bezel to match.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
thats what I would go with

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Too much chrome for me....:kooky:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.