Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been adding a few interior mods since I got her a couple of months ago. Nothing too big, but I am enjoying personalizing the car.

I have added the following so far:

MGW Deluxe Pony Power Outlet Plug (Silver)
MGW Door Lock Pins (Silver)
Door Trim Welt (Red)
Mustang Script Dash Decal (Red)
Dead Pedal, Pony w/ GT
License Plate Frame, Chrome w/ Block Mustang and Tri-Bar Pony
SHR E-Brake Handle Brushed Aluminum
SHR Drink Holder Bezel Brushed Aluminum
GT Emblem (66 GT Fender Emblem) mounted on dash

Attachments

·
Registered
954 Posts
Looks good! If you want to get rid of that white wire, run it thru the inside of your console. There is a little piece in the storage area that pulls out, and you can run it thru there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
good job. the interior looks great.... where did you get the red welt? i would like to install it too in my 08 GT.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good job. the interior looks great.... where did you get the red welt? i would like to install it too in my 08 GT.
I got it at this site:

Your Auto Trim Store

It cost 50¢ a yard and is really easy to install. It is a quick and cheap mod that really makes an impact, at least I think so.

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
Wow very sharp! Nice touch! Feels great to make her your own :gringreen

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
The gray interior looks good. You kept it tastefully done.

Frank

·
Registered
477 Posts
how much did welt did you need? Your right, it really does make an impact even though its not that much done.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how much did welt did you need? Your right, it really does make an impact even though its not that much done.
It takes about 7 feet per door.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Very nice! Couple of questions

Anyone know where I can get those pedal covers?

How do you install the aluminum trim around the shifter and the cup holders?

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Very nice job!!

The touches are subtle not overwhelming and very tastefully done!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
11 Posts
that looks sharp, I have been looking for some ideas for the interior of my 05 V6, I had been thinking about getting some black carpet to go with my gray interior, but was not sure how it would look, but now I know it would look good, I have been planning on making some customized seat cover with black and gray, and thanks to that link for auto trim site, I have been able to find the right kind of fabrics to use.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Looks pretty sweet! Very nicely done. Where did you get that dash cover? Is that a real leather covering?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Looks pretty sweet! Very nicely done. Where did you get that dash cover? Is that a real leather covering?

i saw that dash padding on another Mustang at a Car show, the owner said it came like that from the factory. I thought i had every option avalable save for the navigation, i wish i had the padded dash, it looks AWESOME!

I really dig the GT emblem on the dash board, very nice job!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It is leather (at least that is what they told me). It came from the factory. Apparently it was an option in 2008. My 06 was also "loaded" with all of the options available at the time, but they have added a few things. One is the 2 tone interior. There is the leather wrapped dash, console lid and door handles. The "aluminum" shift bezel, ambient lighting and the aux input jack in the console (finally, I was able to get rid of my ipod transmitter). They also have the feature where the exterior lights come on when you unlock the car with the remote. I am sure there are a few more, but I can't think of any more right now.

Thanks for all of the great comments and feedback. I am really enjoying all of the ideas that come from browsing the forums (although my bank account:nono: isn't).

Since my 06 was a lease I did not tempt myself with looking at possible mods. I turned it in completely stock as I bought it with only 18,000 miles after 3 years. It was sad to see it go, but I am really enjoying the replacement.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.