Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to be replacing my whole interior. I drive a vert so my noises are far worse than the norm. I will be gutting interior then dynomat whole car, trunk, door panels, and then adding an 1/8" inch dyna liner over all the dynamat. Also fixing and tighting every bolt in top, replacing all window motors, bushing,guides,and regulators if neccesary,then add a padded headliner. New padded carpet, new weather stripping all the way around and the beneifit of have subframe connectors and the matrix brace to stiffen the whole car up. I imagine i will have a pretty damn good quite and vibration and noise free ride.

would love to hear what every ones opinions are on my up coming project, and if ya think i will see a significant difference?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I would love to see pics on progress. I have a vert too and have been looking around at all the options of cleaning up and quieting down my ride (except for the scream of my exhaust). My opinion of dyno mat is that it may be a bit of over kill. I was planning on rhino-lining it, then heard a ton of good things about lizard skin, might do a double layer of that. There are also thicker carpet kits that have a rubber lining that help vibration and noise.
Along with the subframe connectors, I think I'm going to put in a rollbar to help the stability which should quiet down everything a little more.

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
would love to hear what every ones opinions are on my up coming project, and if ya think i will see a significant difference?
sounds like a very decent plan. im doing basically the same, but much more extensive as im doing a full resto on mine. i was planning on dynomat, but ive heard TONS of good things on lizzard skin and i plan on going that route. id look into that...

id start to look into suspension parts too. make it a little smoother ride also...

·
Registered
84 Posts
bed liner is awesome for sound deadening. i just sprayed my 65 stang with it and the difference it made is night and day.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Sounds like more weight on the already heavy vert. Nice to have a quite ride tho

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds like a very decent plan. im doing basically the same, but much more extensive as im doing a full resto on mine. i was planning on dynomat, but ive heard TONS of good things on lizzard skin and i plan on going that route. id look into that...

id start to look into suspension parts too. make it a little smoother ride also...

got a new full eibach suspensoin , but still a whole lot of ratteling.lol.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Itll never be quiet especially a vert, but it will help. I just used the rolled roof flashing with the aluminum foil back and applied with a heat gun. Worked great after reinstalling the carpet and backing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts