Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting a horrible interior rattle from the rear passenger seatbelt retractor (the thing that brings the seatblet back when you pull on it). Iv tried everything. All you have to do is just put your finger on it and itll stop then when you let go it starts up again. I dont want to bring it to the dealer for this, especially if its an easy fix. Any ideas? Im going nuts here!

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
well at least you know where its coming from, and its not something random inside the dashboard. personally i wouldnt even care, things like that used to bother me but then i realized that its a car and vibrations and rattles are inevitable. also the seatbelt re-tractor snaps forward and back when you push it. try pushing it downwards and it will click into the neutral position. but then it wont hold the seatbelt up for you. You choose

·
Registered
949 Posts
Mine does the same thing. I think I will take the panel off and put some sound deadening material in there if i can figure out exactly where the rattle is coming from. Lots of loose plastic bits that rattle around.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well at least you know where its coming from, and its not something random inside the dashboard. personally i wouldnt even care, things like that used to bother me but then i realized that its a car and vibrations and rattles are inevitable. also the seatbelt re-tractor snaps forward and back when you push it. try pushing it downwards and it will click into the neutral position. but then it wont hold the seatbelt up for you. You choose
I dont mind rattles anymore either but this one is crazy loud and all the time. If I could take a video of how it sounds trust me, you would go crazy about it too.
Mine does the same thing. I think I will take the panel off and put some sound deadening material in there if i can figure out exactly where the rattle is coming from. Lots of loose plastic bits that rattle around.
I was thinking the same thing. Do you know how to take the panel off? Im not sure exactly how to do it.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Take the door sill plate off first. Then undo a little plastic fastener at the bottom of the backseat and pry it off. may take a little playing around with but i think most everything justs pops off. Then pop everything back together.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'm also on a Ford Raptor forum and this problem has popped up over there also since Ford uses the same seat belts in everything . On mine ( Raptor ) the rattle was in the female buckle on the passenger seat . One day it was rattling pretty bad so I gave it a good shake and it stopped . Other people there also said a good shake now and then keeps it quiet . Again the rattle was inside the female buckle itself .

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm also on a Ford Raptor forum and this problem has popped up over there also since Ford uses the same seat belts in everything . On mine ( Raptor ) the rattle was in the female buckle on the passenger seat . One day it was rattling pretty bad so I gave it a good shake and it stopped . Other people there also said a good shake now and then keeps it quiet . Again the rattle was inside the female buckle itself .
Iv tried that already too. I even hit it with a bit of force. Nothing is stoping it. If it was the rear driver side one I would just take it off. No one can site back there even if they tried. But I use the rear passenger seat once in awhile.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Iv tried that already too. I even hit it with a bit of force. Nothing is stoping it. If it was the rear driver side one I would just take it off. No one can site back there even if they tried. But I use the rear passenger seat once in awhile.
Bummer .I was hoping my fix would work for you . Are you sure it's not in the female buckle ?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ill take a pic tomorrow of what exactly it is thats making the noise, because im not sure what a female buckle and what not is.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Ill take a pic tomorrow of what exactly it is thats making the noise, because im not sure what a female buckle and what not is.
As you sit in the seat the female buckle is on your left . The male buckle is what you pull across your chest and goes into the female buckle . No I'm not trying to be cute .The male buckle goes into the female buckle .
Same as an extension cord . You have a male and female end .

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As you sit in the seat the female buckle is on your left . The male buckle is what you pull across your chest and goes into the female buckle . No I'm not trying to be cute .The male buckle goes into the female buckle .
Same as an extension cord . You have a male and female end .
Thats what I thought you ment. No, my problem is the part thats located near the pillars. Its the part that has gears in it and brings the seatbelt back when you let go of it. Its located right next to the rear speakers and C pillar (for the rear obviously lol).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.