Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After dozens of hours removing and prepping each piece over the last 6 weeks; I have finished my interior (minus the seats). I included a before pic for reference.

Just thought I would share. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
AWESOME job! That is quite an accomplishment you have conquered! I've had thoughts of doing a similar job with mine but staying pretty much with the stock colors. Did you use SEM coatings to get your results? I have a friend who is in the auto paint business and he will blend any SEM color I want...all he needs is an interior piece to match it with. That will be my winter project after I store the car. Please post pix with the seats done.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AWESOME job! That is quite an accomplishment you have conquered! I've had thoughts of doing a similar job with mine but staying pretty much with the stock colors. Did you use SEM coatings to get your results? I have a friend who is in the auto paint business and he will blend any SEM color I want...all he needs is an interior piece to match it with. That will be my winter project after I store the car. Please post pix with the seats done.
Thanks.
Yes, I used the full SEM line of products (clean, prep, paint), and I made sure to overdo the clean/prep steps. It took alot longer than I anticipated overall, but I refused to be impatient and I made sure to clean the crap out of every piece and prep it properly before painting. The dash surprised me too. The pieces dont come off, you have to remove the entire instrument cluster all the way to the firewall... I am glad its done though :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wow!! That came out really good! Im in the middle of a similar project, painting my door panels and swapping out my factory leather for Roush seat covers!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thanks.
Yes, I used the full SEM line of products (clean, prep, paint), and I made sure to overdo the clean/prep steps. It took alot longer than I anticipated overall, but I refused to be impatient and I made sure to clean the crap out of every piece and prep it properly before painting. The dash surprised me too. The pieces dont come off, you have to remove the entire instrument cluster all the way to the firewall... I am glad its done though :)
Well, seems like patience worked...that is not a trait you are born with, it is learned along the way. NICE JOB!!

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
That really looks good man great job....I see you live in Fl. how far are you from the Ga line??? wana do mine haha! I was wanting to my interior like that to but what is the saddle color in mine I want it black all black interior is nice to me. How much did it cost you to do this and how hard was that dash to remove and get back in....or should I say how much of a pain in the ass lol?

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Wow that looks friggin sweet. What's your plan on the seats, are you going to swap them out or have them re-upholstered? And yeah, that dash must have been real fun to take out.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I HATE U i need that steering wheel lol... that looks fantastic tho man great color choice 2!

·
Registered
804 Posts
Looks great, but you have to do something with the seats!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts