Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a 93' mustang lx and it has perfect factory leather interior. He said i could get it for 500$. Thats everything, center console with working ashtray lid, dash, carpet, everything. The only problem is, he said he thinks he heard somebody say that its not a direct fit for my 87. Is this true?

I was looking and the big panels in the back hatch area, and they look more rounded off by where the little access door to the rear shock are. Mine are more squared. At least it looks that way, it was also dark outside so i dont know.

I just need to know what will fit before i commit a saturday to strip it out.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i prob will get it anyways, i just wanted to know if there were goin to be any fitment issues that i needed to look forward to.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I think it should fit. Other than the steering wheel, speedometer, radio, rear seat belts, the size of the headrest and the pattern on the seats the 87-93 interior looks the same size to me.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
The rear shock tower covers are different, but you might be able to swap the interior panels too if you want. The older cars have more square panels while the newer ones, especially LX, are more rounded. I know this myself because my GT would allow me to fit a whole hood in my hatch area (long story) but my brothers LX wouldn't. There are differences.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the replies.

ill be picking the car apart saturday.

i'll try to take before and after pics. im in the process of painting my car right now too, so im just going to get the interior and cover it with some plastic in my basement until i get finished painting.

Also, will the 93' lx hatch fit the gt? he said he would throw that in and the triangle glass if i wanted it. (mine has very old purple tint and the outside black strip is bad)

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
The triangle glass? GRAB THEM, those are expensive to replace. Even if you don't need them, grab them.

The hatch should fit but the holes for the wings are different.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea im getting both sides for the triangle glass.

i thought the wind was different. i might just see what a gt looks like with an lx wing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.