Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove my son's 2006 Mustang today and loved it! But I could not find an interior trunk release anywhere. He has not been able to find it either. Is there one?

Thanks!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Nope, no in car trunk release from FoMoCo. There was an earlier thread here about wiring one for yourself, but otherwise, the blue button on the key fob is the only remote trunk release there is.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I added a switch in the dash to operate the trunk.I have a V6 non IUP and installed a switch in the blank message center switch panel just to the left side of the power port in the dash.I actually installed 3 switches in this panel,one to control the upper grille fog lights,one to control the lower grille fog lights and the other one for the trunk release.I used the power from the power port and used the switches wired to relay's to turn thre fog lights on/off and the other switch was just tapped into the wire going back to the trunk release solenoid.It works like a charm.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I found this out the hard way! Was washing the car the other night on the way home and while drying/waxing it I closed the trunk with my keys in it:dunce:

I had to have the teenage son bring out the other keys. Quite embarrasing as I had left my cell phone at home and had to borrow one from a guy.

One little switch inside sure would have been useful.

·
Registered
329 Posts
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
I found this out the hard way! Was washing the car the other night on the way home and while drying/waxing it I closed the trunk with my keys in it:dunce:

I had to have the teenage son bring out the other keys. Quite embarrasing as I had left my cell phone at home and had to borrow one from a guy.

One little switch inside sure would have been useful.
you can always access the truck by folding the backseats if that happens:rolleyes:

·
Registered
394 Posts
199 said:
you can always access the truck by folding the backseats if that happens:rolleyes:
It's a convertible...not possible. :thumbdown

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well I know this thread is over 5 years old...but i tried to do this my 08 coupe, and itsnot working. The other threads say for and 05'-06' us the white wire with pink stripe and 07'-08' use red wire with orange stripe. Well neither is working...and ideas?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I actually like the idea of not being able to pop the trunk from inside the Convertible. It give you a place to lock up items and leave the top down without anyone being able to get access to them!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Not if the car is locked :yelwacko:

·
Registered
248 Posts
I actually like the idea of not being able to pop the trunk from inside the Convertible. It give you a place to lock up items and leave the top down without anyone being able to get access to them!
I agree. this is the sole reason I never installed the trunk release. I do not need to worry of you enetring the car and not setting off the alarm.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My key fob does not have a remote trunk release. Instead it has a remote start button in it's place. Would my car (2008) still have the remote mechanism installed on the trunk allowing me to install a Silverhorse interior trunk release?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.