Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When starting ..it seems like car is not getting gas and will die on me...not always, but very often... I have to keep my foot on gas to keep revs up and konks out as soon as I release gas...no idea what it can be!!!

Plesae Help!
Andre

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Idle Air Control Valve. They go out all the time on Fords.

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
I agree, it's the little black box shaped thing that is connected to the intake tube and the plenum by rubber hoses. Try spraying some electrical parts cleaner in it, or just replace it for about $40.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same problem and the guys here helped me out and told me that it was the IAC (Idle Air Control) Valve. I got it changed yesterday and the problem has gone. I also changed the Fuel filter while I was at it.

G

·
Yep IAC went out on mine too. I also changed the fuel filter because it was having problems starting sometimes when i got it and that fixed that problem. Then after a while it started doing the idle thing and cut out on me unless i revved it up. Changed the IAC and stopped ever since. Actually the IAC isnt the little black box, its the little thing th at looks like a cylinder thats attached to the plenum with 2 bolts near the drivers side of the plenum. It also has a little black cap on it and an eletrical connection. The little black box i think Bluestreak was talking about does go from air intake to the IAC. I think that box is just there for a muffler os noise or so i was told.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.