Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
06 Mustang GT w/Kenne Bell blower, corsa cat back and some suspension. 93 fox sedan 331 NA Stroker
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum and looking for some help. I have an 06 Mustang GT w/Kenne Bell 2.6L. I have 2 issues I do not know if related I need help on. 1st: I have had an occasional on going issue when I start the car in the am, (car cold), the car starts, struggles then dies. The car will not start unless I hold the gas pedal down, cutting off the injectors then it starts, blows white smoke “fuel” out the exhaust then it runs fine. I can go several weeks to a month or so without it happening, then out of the blue it happens. This could happen for a day or two then it’s fine again for a while. I have replaced plugs, coils, and even a new Kenne Bell tune. Does this sound like an injector leaking fuel into the cylinder causing a flood issue? If I have to cut the injectors off to start and it starts then blows fuel out the exhaust? Issue 2: while driving the other day my engine light started flashing. The car started to struggle when accelerating then in less than a minute the flashing stopped and the car was fine. I pulled a code P0304 cylinder 4 misfire. Doing some searching I found the main cause could be a plug, coil or injector among other things. I checked the injector and hear it working. But of course it would if the car is running fine now. The plugs are about a year old, and I replaced the coils also last year with MSD’s. I did see a thread here where no one is a fan of them? I have not tried yet to move the coil to another cylinder. Car is running fine now. I was thinking about changing the injectors since I can do it and costis relatively inexpensive. Car has 98,000 miles. What do you guys think? Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
3,221 Posts
Welcome to ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules and be sure to complete your account details.
We’re glad you’ve joined us.

Reactions: 5.0 Coyote

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
When a engine is "boosted" things can get real dangerous very quickly.... and unfortunitely IMHO you are on the "border".... although it sounds like the COP may be the issue, you really can't afford any reliability issues....1) swap the coil with a new one....IMHO go MC. 2nd, change out the plugs as well and pull the #4 FI and test it or just replace it with a new one.

·
Registered
06 Mustang GT w/Kenne Bell blower, corsa cat back and some suspension. 93 fox sedan 331 NA Stroker
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Follow up. So the starting issue which has been going on for over 5years was a bad TPS. Replaced and no start up issue. As for the backfire hesitation. It was a bad #4 plug. Changed the plugs and pulls hard no backfire or hesitation. Check out the plug. It was lose and where did the strap go.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts