Registered
861 Posts
Good job, man!

Congratulations.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep. The best part is . . . I'll get a 1099 from the folks at American Autosports . . . so . . . . I can write off every penny I've spent on my car when tax time comes around! :eyepoppin

Here's the best pic I got from the race . . . . Magazine Cover??? lol

:winks

Attachments

·
Registered
861 Posts
Submit it, see what happens

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nah. I figure I'll just scan a MM&FF cover and photoshop the picture in . . lol. Besides, there were a lot of photogs there from MM&FF and I'm sure they got some good pics of their own. I had a new best on Sunday of 12.743 @ 109.72.

I'm goin for the 11s this weekend. Going to take out the passenger seat, the back seat, run slicks and skinnies, and run nitro-methane in my alky injection. I doubt I'll get deep into the 11s, but I think I'll get there.:winks

·
Registered
108 Posts
Nice, 12.74 @ 109. The mph suggests more ET is there, especially with the slicks and skinnies and weight reduction.

So, what are your 60fts on the 12 second runs. Curious.
What did you run this last weekend.
Chris

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well . . . I broke a piston over the weekend on the first run. Basically, I ran 13.2 with a broken piston.

But . . as it happens . . opportunity knocks!! I just got a line on a very "built" 306 with a TKO and a Centerforce Dual Friction clutch through the guys at my shop. The motor has all forged internals, TFS High Port Heads, a nice cam and all the goodies. This motor has made 780RWHP on a turbo. . . . five grand for the whole package.

I went to look at the motor this morning and it looks great. The guys at my shop are going to scope it and do a compression check to make sure everything is ok. Assuming its ok, we are just going to drop it in the car. As long as we are in there, we are going to do the K member, coil overs, drag shocks, and control arms.

Its not my "dream" motor . . but its a darn good solution given my time restraints. Anyone lookin for a set of AFR 165s and a T5? :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.