Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright soo....Names Aaron. Recently bought a 2002 Mustang GT Convertible. Little background about myself and said Mustang. 2004 I think it was when I first got my license, i'm 21. Anyways, started out with a 1993 Honda Accord Sedan.
- 1993 White Honda Accord sedan: It was white, automatic, my moms old car, and not to mention slow. Got myself into modifying cars via my family, whom have always been into cars...my grandfather was a mechanic for Ford a while back...no idea time frame. But anyways, he convinced me to get a different car verses trying to modify a 93 Accord sedan.
- 1993 Super White Toyota Supra N/A: got it from a guy in Tulsa, Oklahoma for 13k in 2005-2006 (can't remember) automatic, like 130k miles, white. Never had money to do anything to it..but the I6 motor kept me entertained for the time being.
- 2008 Rallye Red Honda Civic SI sedan: This car was my performance car....at the time. I bought it after being irritated at the Supra from a wreck in 2006 (guy pulled in front of me...he was in like a 60s model truck..so it hurt the car bad. 7k worth..never ran right since..still in the shop to this day) Got it in McKinney, TX new with 200 miles on the odometer. Quickly upgraded it (being that i had a job now) to include full exhaust, short shifter, turbo kit, suspension, tuner,etc. Then the car decided it no longer wanted to be a Honda. Engulfed itself in flames while i was at a steady speed of 70MPH on the highway.
- 2004 bright silver Dodge Ram HEMI Sport: Loved it.. perfect truck. 4WD/2WD shaved the emblems, black wheels, tonneau cover, system, 5.7L HEMI V8, Got murdered while trying to see what it'd do against a 99-04 Cobra.
- 2003 Silver Audi A6 2.7T Quattro: This thing...traded in the truck because of high insurance and gas mileage issues lol. this car wasn't really what i was expecting. I figured it'd be sweet being AWD, Twin Turbo..but no...car was slow lol.. after seeing only old people driving them..or seeing the others on 20s and slammed.. lol...i got rid of it.
- 2002 Mineral Grey Ford Mustang GT Convertible: so here i am now..5spd manuel, 82k miles on the odometer. Have tons of mods in mind....I do think it's funny owning a Supra and Mustang...because i grew up thinking they were rival cars? my buddy always showed me a video of a SVT Cobra beating a Turbo Supra...then i'd send him like 12 videos of Supra's murdering Cobras...vicious cycle. But now i own, kinda, both.
Anyways...ideas...I wanna know what these cars can get into1/4 wise. buddy of mine has a buddy..that has this body Mustang..says he put 20k into it..and it runs 11s. dunno if that's normal. I think it's kinna slowfor 20k..but hey..maybe its just me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey man welcome to the site, it sounds like you like cars alot and have had alot for only being 21. but i thought it was cool you bought that supra from Tulsa and thats where i live :bounce2:. but i hope you enjoy your mustang i know i do. and if you have any questions i think you can find the answers in here somewhere.

·
Registered
130 Posts
That's quite a shopping list you've had!

I'm sure you'll find a Mustang the better of them all. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far it is! Love the sound of a V8 at full throttle..The GT actually surprised me from a launch at 50mph in 2nd gear, i think it was. or 40mph...more than likely 40. Couldn't really imagine a SVT Cobra. 120 more horsepower WHATT!? lol. Only thing i don't enjoy too much is the hard clutch. I assume all Mustangs are like this? (i've only driven a V6 and GT.) Not bad once i got used to it though. But yes, so far the Stang is my favorite car i've owned.

S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to AFM! You can mod these cars to the hilt! They're not necessarily the fastest cars out of the box in stock form but that's kind of the point. It's a platform to build the car to your needs. Browse around the 4.6 sections and you'll see what other guys are doing mod-wise and what times they're pulling. Nothing beats the fun of a Mustang.

Have fun and enjoy!
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
Glad that you have joined the site.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.