Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I have recently brought home my first project. I have a feeling that I am a whole lot more trouble that I thought. But first a little history on my situation....
Growning up by stepfather had a 1988 notchback. A lot of my childhood memories are in this car. He was always rebuilding something. I remember many weekends of him out in the yard working on this car. Because of this car I have ALWAYS loved a Mustang. The sound of one has always felt like home. He sold it some time a few years ago. I never asked any questions then because I didn't ever feel the need to.
He died suddenly Feb. of 2010. I searched for this car for a year before giving up. Everywhere I tried to look was a dead end. I was told many many times that it was parted out, then salvaged for weight. This past weekend I came across it by complete chance and brough it home Sunday. It is currently just a body. Everything needs to be rebuilt.
I know that I am getting myself into a lot of work. How much, I have no idea. I do know that I want this car back on the road! That said, in time I will do it. I am here because I am going to need all of the help I can get. I know that I am going to have a million questions that I am going to need to ask somewhere! I am posting some pics. One from when I was little, when the car was whole and complete and a pic of now.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
go for it!

Im touched by your story.I almost lost me husband last feb.we have 3 girls that love mustangs and we have always had 1 0r 2 i could see one of our daughters doing the same thing you are.So i wish you all the best.And remember to have fun with it all!!Someone im sure is smiling down on you:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ma'am If nobody was smiling down on me I wouldn't have found it. A complete stranger gave it to me. Didn't charge me a dime and helped me load it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
wow you should do something really special with this car.maybe some kind of dedication.My husband has a sticker in his car that says "I never drive faster than my guardian angel can fly" I believe he has one too!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want it restored back to what it was when I was a little girl. Then I plan on putting in loving memory of him somewhere. My boyfriend thinks I am CRAZY!!!! But I'll find a way to do it!:smilie

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
Welcome you have come to the right site for help. You will want to check out our tech sections for some help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts