Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spent countless hours reading hear and have found loads of information since I bought my 2012 Kona Blue Mustang GT last month. I switched from a subaru wrx to this beast and at first I was hesitant because I've always driven japanese cars. Honestly I can say I have no regret going muscle. I love the 5.0 and hope I get to meet some cool peeps here at AFM.

Subie
171640_1815446829300_1333965653_2011752_919751_o.jpg
5.0 :D
272011_2195554011742_1333965653_2530303_5186489_o.jpg

G

·
Welcome to AFM! Did you buy it supercharged or did you add that within the month you bought it? We're glad you found that having a Mustang is awesome! Browse around and see all we have to offer here.

Thanks for joining!
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not supercharged, i wish it was. Then again I think if I supercharged the stang I would probably crash it. It's so much power out the box.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Congradulations and welcome to the site. Nice,one less ricer on the road. Just kidding. Curious though, what made you decide to switch?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Dang about the ricer comment, subaru's actually could pull off some decent power with money in the right place. Unfortunately the engine was limited to about 400whp and the tranny was a ticking time bomb after...honestly 300whp and i was at 350whp. Pair that up with the fact I bought it used and was plagued with problems from the previous owner I decided to get rid of the headache. I didn't feel like buying another subaru because awd+florida(oh and 34k for 300hp to the flywheel :( ) is pretty useless. The new 5.0 really impressed me especially for the price and I just jumped on it after a test drive.

G

·
Holy crap my bad... I didn't look close enough at the pics... that was the Suby I was looking at. I don't think they're rice... I obviously just prefer American muscle. Glad you're part of the family and I hope you learn a lot here.
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks man, and I agree they aren't rice but really honestly you can make anything ricer I believe. I've seen ricer subies and ricer mustangs and my jaw drops in disbelief.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
No hard feelings here. There's a STI around here thats nasty. I don't even glance over with my stock car. Be careful with all your rain down there and your new rwd. I was coming off a ramp in light rain, had the green light going through a left turn, and decided on using 2nd gear. I eased the clutch out with a little gas and it broke loose like I was on ice. Wifey was mad. She thought I did it on purpose.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No hard feelings here. There's a STI around here thats nasty. I don't even glance over with my stock car. Be careful with all your rain down there and your new rwd. I was coming off a ramp in light rain, had the green light going through a left turn, and decided on using 2nd gear. I eased the clutch out with a little gas and it broke loose like I was on ice. Wifey was mad. She thought I did it on purpose.
I have found this out already just not as bad. Making a left turn through a light in 2nd get on the gas a little and feel traction control kicking in and the tires slipping. I was like dang I forgot how rwd is in the rain.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Returning the consideration of your welcome of a few days ago. Welcome, Nova-Cain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts