Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am in my last semester of college and have sort of gotten a little senioritis. Decided to use some of my GI bill money from my time in the military to do some work on my Mustang. It is a 2004 V6 Red Convertible. Came across a 1969 351w with a Shelby intake I got a pretty good deal on. Found out that I can use a k-member, serpentine pulley setup, headers etc from a 95 Cobra and the 351 bolts right on (with the help of a special order flywheel and balancer that accommodate 4 bolt mains and a 28oz balance.) Anyway, the car is currently in the shop and I should have it back in a couple weeks. The build cost me about half of what it would have to upgrade to a 4.6 modular and I just think the carb/flat tappet cam feel has something special about it that was lost with EFI/roller cam engines took hold. Excited to join the community! I'll post pics when I get the car back.

·
Administrator
8,521 Posts
Welcome to the site! Sounds like an amazing project, can't wait to see the pictures.

·
Super Moderator
7,575 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Wow bro, sounds like it's going to be a sweet little stang. The Windsor was the best 351. It will be a torque mister, and probably pretty damn quick with the correct type of gearing. Keep it up brother, and keep us posted. Can't wait to see/hear it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts