Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've been browsing this forum for a few days now and made the effort to officially join you guys just now. Just to let you know, from what I have read so far, you guys seem a whole lot nicer to your members than some other mustang forums I've seen. Not to bash other sites, but it seems there are a lot of smarta$$e$ on these other boards. JMO...

Well, here's my story. I bought my '05 Mineral Gray Mustang GT on New Year's Day 2005. Haven't done much to mod it other than painted silver stripes and a set of Saleen knockoff wheels. Well, just a few weeks ago, I had the Pypes off-road x-pipe and Pypes mufflers installed and really liked it for the most part. Later that day, I went to Sam's club and while my wife and I were inside, this 85 year old woman slams into my car in the parking lot. She pushes my car into 3 other vehicles and totals out my baby!!! I will post pics below.

Insurance was going to FIX the car because according to them and the bodyshop estimate, it was ONLY $12,000 worth of damage!!! I was totally pissed. Anyway, I fought with them for almost a week and finally got the right person on the phone and he reviewed the estimate and noticed that there was 8 hours worth of labor to be done just on the frame of the car. So, he makes the call and they later tell me they're going to total it out. Thank goodness... because I didn't want to drive a car that had that much repair work done to it. Not to mention the diminished value of the car.

Well, after the claims were taken care of, I bought my new car... another Mineral Gray '05. I had the dealership take it to a place in Memphis to have the body kit and wheels and tires installed and the windows tinted. Can I tell that I am loving this car even more than the first.

Thanks for letting me introduce myself and I hope to be able to contribute some useful information.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Ist of all, welcome and holly s$%t! Those damn old lady drivers. What size are the tires on the new ride? I like the wheel, tire combo.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Dang man... I don't know who I'd be mad at more. The Gov't for letting an 85 yr old lady drive without re-testing her driving ability or the insurance company.

New ride looks HOT HOT HOT!

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Welcome aboard... Like the body kit. What did that set you back incl paint/installation?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sonny1213 said:
Ist of all, welcome and holly s$%t! Those damn old lady drivers. What size are the tires on the new ride? I like the wheel, tire combo.
The wheels are American Racing Rebels (I hate the name because I'm a Miss. State Bulldog fan... what can I say?) and they are 17x9s. I don't remember the offset off the top of my head (sorry). The tires are 255/50's all the way around.

The body kit includes the 4 piece ground effects, hood scoop and 1/4 window louvers. All total for the kit, paint, prep, and install, as well as, the window tint, wheels and tires and install was $4000.

Since I got the car on X plan and had some insurance money to burn, it was not too bad. Best of all I was able to finance it all with the car because the dealership had it done for me before I took delivery.

Thanks for all the compliments and the sympathy for my old car. I agree... I believe once you reach a certain age, you should have to re-up for your drivers license each year. I appreciate the warm welcome, too.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Welcome! There are a lot of great people here, with almost all the answers!

·
Registered
403 Posts
welcome, hello, and- just how fast was that lady goin???

glad everything worked out in the end, but man...that was a lot of damage for a parking lot.

Only 12K damage...friggin insurance companies...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome!

Welcome! I'm glad everything worked out for you. Your new Mustang looks great. I hate driving mine in parking lots--especially during the busy holiday shopping.

I'm glad to have another MSU fan in the group. I graduated from there in 1989. Go Bulldogs!

·
Registered
13 Posts
What is the name of the shop in Memphis you used?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ford4v429 said:
welcome, hello, and- just how fast was that lady goin???

glad everything worked out in the end, but man...that was a lot of damage for a parking lot.

Only 12K damage...friggin insurance companies...
Not real sure how fast... my wife and I were inside the store. But, witnesses said she must have mistaken her gas for the brake and once she hit my car, she must have panicked because they said they thought her car was on fire from all the tire smoke. Apparently she never let off the gas and was boiling the tires!!! All that was over, of course, by the time I got to the scene.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
barlan said:
What is the name of the shop in Memphis you used?
The shop is Southern Automotive Accessories just off of Covington Pike. Ask for Jimmy (the owner) if you call... great guy.

By the way... Go DAWGS!!! MSU - 35 / Ole Miss 14 - Egg Bowl 2005!!!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Welcome-
Everyone here seems pretty cool. Nice ride btw.
Just another reason people over a certain age should be retested for thier license.
Good Luck and Enjoy- Check out my Stanger

Attachments

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
AAA 05 Mustang said:
Hello all,

I've been browsing this forum for a few days now and made the effort to officially join you guys just now. Just to let you know, from what I have read so far, you guys seem a whole lot nicer to your members than some other mustang forums I've seen. Not to bash other sites, but it seems there are a lot of smarta$$e$ on these other boards. JMO...

Well, here's my story. I bought my '05 Mineral Gray Mustang GT on New Year's Day 2005. Haven't done much to mod it other than painted silver stripes and a set of Saleen knockoff wheels. Well, just a few weeks ago, I had the Pypes off-road x-pipe and Pypes mufflers installed and really liked it for the most part. Later that day, I went to Sam's club and while my wife and I were inside, this 85 year old woman slams into my car in the parking lot. She pushes my car into 3 other vehicles and totals out my baby!!! I will post pics below.

Insurance was going to FIX the car because according to them and the bodyshop estimate, it was ONLY $12,000 worth of damage!!! I was totally pissed. Anyway, I fought with them for almost a week and finally got the right person on the phone and he reviewed the estimate and noticed that there was 8 hours worth of labor to be done just on the frame of the car. So, he makes the call and they later tell me they're going to total it out. Thank goodness... because I didn't want to drive a car that had that much repair work done to it. Not to mention the diminished value of the car.

Well, after the claims were taken care of, I bought my new car... another Mineral Gray '05. I had the dealership take it to a place in Memphis to have the body kit and wheels and tires installed and the windows tinted. Can I tell that I am loving this car even more than the first.

Thanks for letting me introduce myself and I hope to be able to contribute some useful information.
welcome aboard :eek:) hey Im lookin seriously at the Pypes exhaust....mufflers and x-pipe for 400 bucks. How was the sound? I dont want nothing loud...I cant stand alot of noise inside the car...ita a daily driver. sorry bout your 1sr car....2nd car looks sweet!

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
Welcome to the site. Very nice ride.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
WELCOME!

I'm the guy with ALL the answers! :winks

Nice looking ride!! You blinger you!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
MickMach said:
welcome aboard :eek:) hey Im lookin seriously at the Pypes exhaust....mufflers and x-pipe for 400 bucks. How was the sound? I dont want nothing loud...I cant stand alot of noise inside the car...ita a daily driver. sorry bout your 1sr car....2nd car looks sweet!
MickMach,

I liked the sound of the Pypes setup (offroad x-pipe/mufflers), but it was rather obnoxious when you put your foot in it. From what I've read about most of the other exhaust setups for the car, most all of them have a pretty good drone to them somewhere in the low to mid rpm range. This one is no different and it did get somewhat annoying from time to time on a daily driver.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
kj_cinci said:
WELCOME!

I'm the guy with ALL the answers! :winks

Nice looking ride!! You blinger you!
KJ,

Good to know who to come to with ALL my questions. Thanks again to all of you for the warm welcome. Looks like I've found a new home.:winks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.