Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, been searching around for a good forum to call home since i got my stang.
Introductions aside, id like some advice on where i should go from here. My stang came with dual exhaust, and i wasnt really sure about what kind or brand they were, until a few days ago i looked under, and noticed that they were flowmasters, i was pretty surprised, but at the same time dissapointed in the sound quality of them. I mean, of course on a cold motor, it sounds great, but after awhile, it begins to peek at 2k rpm's, and then is barely noticible. Im wondering if i should get some higher quality mufflers at the least.
Also, whats everyone's take on the Motoblue kit? It includes the CAI, the throttle body spacer, and the 65mm throttle body. The package is about $460. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
649 Posts
on a mostly stock V6, the 65mm throttle body will do nothing, and a throttle body spacer, waste of money, i would do this'

get a generic CAI of ebay, for like $40-50, and use the rest of the monsy on either geras n a t-lok, or a tuner

and i would suggest useing the search button so u can learn some stuff!!

and welcome to the V6 world

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, i figured that the kit was actually pretty good for the money, but i guess i was wrong. Care to explaine why the 65mm would do nothing and why the spacer is useless? I mean, from the reviews on the website, it seemed like the package made a pretty big difference in performance. And my first idea was to just go and buy a K & N intake for like $50 for the quick couple HP, but when i saw this, i thought wow. And you didnt answer my first question, should i be looking at new mufflers as well?

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
Exhaust is really based on preference. If you don't like the sound, I would go to youtube and hear some different exhaust clips.

You have a 65mm TB on your car now, and the intake spacer does not increase your intake volume.......

BTW, welcome to the forum......

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
:hello: and :welcome: Enjoy the site!! :happydancer:
Do post some pictures into your gallery soon!!

·
Super Moderator
40,026 Posts
welcome to the site,enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
welcome to the site. hope we can help u with answering any questions.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Welcome to the site. There is a lot of good info on the site. First thing I did after joining was spent a day going through all the earlier post. Learned a lot!!! Next you can use the search fuction in the V-6 section. Type in Best V6 exhaust and see what it comes up with. I will stick to the Exhaust side of your question. Like shinerstang said: Exhaust is really based on preference. While you are studying different muffers that if your dual exhaust and muffler work was done from the cats back, you still have cats on both sides between the exhaust manifolds and your flowmasters. If you listen to an exhaust sound on youtube or somewhere else look to see what all the componets are if you like the sound. Could include headers, o/r X-pipe and much more. I just went through this with my 94 GT. I finally settled on magnaflow XL (3 chamber) mufflers to meet my personal requirements.
Later!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Thanks, i figured that the kit was actually pretty good for the money, but i guess i was wrong. Care to explaine why the 65mm would do nothing and why the spacer is useless? I mean, from the reviews on the website, it seemed like the package made a pretty big difference in performance. And my first idea was to just go and buy a K & N intake for like $50 for the quick couple HP, but when i saw this, i thought wow. And you didnt answer my first question, should i be looking at new mufflers as well?

i would look at new mufflers for a dual exhuast sytem:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
770 Posts
MotoBlue Kit?

Sounds like rpmoutlet.com. Okay, here's a thing about those guys. I am on the verge on buying "Option C: The Tuner Kit." I'm a little hesitant picking up the phone and ordering from them because of all the reviews people have left from their experiences with rpmoutlet.com.

Some had a good share of luck, and some had it REALLY BAD. It's like a flip of a coin, you'll never know what side it'll land on until you actually toss it. I'm going to flip a coin soon.

As for your dual exhaust...

If you really want that MUSCLE sound, there will be some engine modifications (P&P [ported & polished] Heads, Camshaft upgrade, P&P Intake). That'll give your car one helluva sound for the V6, but this isn't just a few cents though.

Would you know if you're running on your stock midpipe (Y-Pipe)? Or is it an H or X? Because this guy I know is running from his Y, and when he revved it...it totally sounded different from my H. Then again, I did have some headers on though.

Gosh, I'm blabbling away.

Welcome to the site. Do the research first before spending the money!!! You'll save more like that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone for the welcomes, but i did use the search and ive actually read up a few pages worth of posts, and im kind of confused about the throttle body and spacers. If BBK claims around 30HP out of the whole kit, why do you guys say its not worth it? I mean, im going to get a CAI anyways, why not get everything at once? Im just curious, because it doesn tmake since to me that it was said that the items would be useless, if the CAI gives around 15HP, and the kit claims 30, wouldnt that leave another 14-15HP up to the throttle body/spacers?

·
Registered
623 Posts
:waveyhi welcome to the v6 world bro

·
Registered
770 Posts
Thanks everyone for the welcomes, but i did use the search and ive actually read up a few pages worth of posts, and im kind of confused about the throttle body and spacers. If BBK claims around 30HP out of the whole kit, why do you guys say its not worth it? I mean, im going to get a CAI anyways, why not get everything at once? Im just curious, because it doesn tmake since to me that it was said that the items would be useless, if the CAI gives around 15HP, and the kit claims 30, wouldnt that leave another 14-15HP up to the throttle body/spacers?
Dude, I'm in a business class, and what rpmoutlet.com is doing is something called "Marketing."

That's like saying...

"Performance stickers will increase horsepower on these import rice-cakes"

They'll advertise the crap out of you just so you can buy their product. It's how they'll sell it to you that can reel you in.

Why switch to a 65mm throttle body when our 99-04 Ponies come with those stock? You'll want to go bigger than 65mm if you're dealing with power-adders.

You can save a lot of cash/stress if you just go with the CAI. I bought my K&N FIPK Gen II 57 Series from www.lmperformance.com. They're the only site that I found that sold this kit cheaper than everyone else. I also got my off-road H pipe cheap from them too. If I did more research when it came to my CAI, and I knew that I can get the same results but $150+ cheaper...I would've gone that route no sweat. It's why a lot of the guys in here suggest people to go with the Ebay CAI, it's only $40-$50 with the same results that is worth $190+.

There are a lot of CAI to choose from, what is the brand that impresses you? Thank about that statement.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmm, it all makes since, i guess i was unaware that the 03-04's came with a 65mm stock. Thanks for letting me know though, i knew i was joining these forums for a reason:shigrin

And as for thr question about brands, to be honest, i wa slooking at the K & N filters for the longest time, until, (step father owns a turbo diesel F350, his buddies said that K&N wasnt that great.) But i suppose that it isnt the brands that impress as much as how long theyve been around and what more experienced stangers' like yourself recommend.

·
Registered
623 Posts
us stangers recomend(well alot of us) is a ebay CAI.. they all basically do the same bro.. dont spend a butt load on something when you can pay 1/4 for something that does the same thing.. or you could get a CAI from from american muscle.. its the 80 dollar one and works just fine:bigthumbsup

99-04 Mustang Cold Air Intakes at AmericanMuscle - Free Shipping!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright thanks guys, im going to go ahead and order a CAI this weekend. Ive been searchign ebay as well as some site for the best deals, and i have to ask.
One of the site offered a CNL CAI, and it came with a mass air sensor? Any thoughts on this kit?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.