Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting the 2012 coupe v6 with automatic transmission (complete base model, 100a). The dealer quoted an invoice price of 23,500 which seems a bit high compared to various estimates like truecar, yahoo autos, msn autos, etc.

Can anyone confirm this number? Has anyone been able to get this car (with auto transmission) for a better price?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Invoice Less $500

I just purchased a 2012 convertible. I shopped several dealerships and was able to negotiate $728 below invoice on a 2012 premium convertible V6 with automatic, $500 below invoice on a 2012 premium convertible V6 with MT, and $2000 below invoice on a 2011 premium convertible GT with MT. Basically, all dealers I dealt with would sell at invoice minus the applicable rebate ($500 on 2012 and $2000 on 2011). The Edmunds and TrueCar invoice prices are accurate within $100. On the car I purchased, the V6 with MT, the TrueCar invoice price was actually $100 higher than the invoice price the dealer had.

Good luck on your purchase.

·
Registered
132 Posts
INVOICE
MSRP
YOUR PRICE
Base$25,710$26,995$25,210Options$3,029$3,480$3,029Incentives$0$0($500) TOTAL$28,739$30,475$27,739 Savings off MSRP: $2,736

This is the setup for mine. I was able to get it for $27,450 minus $750 ford private cash. =26700. Dont know how they did it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I hope I have the same luck! We are going to look at a 2012 convertible tomorrow. My husband said he was going to ask for the invoice price & I thought you couldn't do that, but I guess you can? We also have a $750 private cash that it took me forever to finally snag. If you go for the 1.9% APR do you not qualify for the $500 promotional? We both really hate all of this fanagling, but I'm excited because this is my husbands 10 year anniversary present to me!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Good luck Vert hunting and don't forget about the Ford X plan pricing as a option if all else fails . ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hhmmm, had never heard of the X plan before. Looked up the info on that. Not going to tell the hubby about that though 'cause no time for that & it would just make his head explode! :nono: Maybe next car though!

·
Registered
837 Posts
I wish my husband would buy me nice things LOL :laugh:

X-Plan is easy. You just join it for $50 and you should be in the system by next day. But if you can get a price below invoice it's a lot better. X-Plan is for people who want a decent price without going through the hassles of haggling. They also give you a year of free subscription to their magazine

·
Registered
41 Posts
He is the best husband ever. All I asked was that the next car we got could it have a sunroof...that's all. The convertible was his idea. I think we are going to have a lot of fun it it...if he'll only he'll not baby it too much & let us take it to the beach! I'll defintely look into the X plan for the next car though.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you don't like haggling the price, definitely do the x-plan. It really is simple, like the other posters said, join the Mustang Club of America. You can do that over the phone with credit card, then ask them for the x-plan PIN. They should give it to you over the phone. Then go to the x-plan website and get your paperwork to take with you to the dealer. That will get you a price roughly $200(give or take) over invoice. You can still use your 750 off coupon and get whatever rebates are current. The dealer is also limited in what they can charge you for "administrative fees" which in some cases can save you another few hundred dollars. It really is simple to do and worth the minimal time and effort to get it. Enjoy the 'vert, we do ours! Let us know how it goes and post pics.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well, we are the new owners of a new Red Candy 2012 convertible! We ended up settling on $200 over invoice and then $500 rebate plus my $750 private cash taken off after that. We literally got up and left the building and almost made it to the car when a deal couldn't be made when they wanted to do it $500 over invoice, but then he came running after us & made the deal. We're happy & were happy w/ the dealership. It was so much fun to drive home. It's such a smooth & powerful drive! It will take some getting used to being so slow as we are using to being in an Explorer & Sport Trac. Thanks for everyones advice!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Good for You !! Now how bout some Pic's???

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Congratulations on your new convertible. I look forward to seeing pictures!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'll take some this weekend. Stupid migraines are keeping me inside out of this heat right now! We found out that they are not putting spare tires in the cars anymore. They just give you one of those inflate a tire kits. Hubby doesn't like this at all so Monday we are going to our local Ford dealership & ordering one. We plan on buying some type of floor mats to protect the carpets. It came w/ the nice mustang logo mats. Hubby's putting towels down on there for now! This car is going to be babied!

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I'll take some this weekend. Stupid migraines are keeping me inside out of this heat right now! We found out that they are not putting spare tires in the cars anymore. They just give you one of those inflate a tire kits. Hubby doesn't like this at all so Monday we are going to our local Ford dealership & ordering one. We plan on buying some type of floor mats to protect the carpets. It came w/ the nice mustang logo mats. Hubby's putting towels down on there for now! This car is going to be babied!
I'm thinking about doing the same thing as far as floor mats and a spare tire. Did you get any prices?

·
Registered
41 Posts
We'll be going Monday to take care of all of this so I should know then. I'm sure the price isn't going to be pretty!

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Well I hope it's reasonable.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.