Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for some kind of adapter to listen to my ipod im my mustang. Ive tried FM transmitters and wasnt impressed. Ive heard about the PIE adapter and it has alot of problems. So anyone out there have some alternative?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Ford is coming out with something called TripTunes. It is supposed to be avavilable in December. I was told on this forum it was only compatible with 06 models, but I don't know what the difference in stereos would be between the 05 and 06

·
Registered
17 Posts
Rumor has it that Apple themselves are making an adapter for OEM car stereos. No idea, obviously, if it'll work in the 05-06 Mustangs, but it might.

I've seen the patent application for it, and basically it fits into your cupholder or something and your iPod slides into that and then it's somehow connected directly to your OEM stereo. The patent application was a bit vague. :p

If you're gonna keep your Shaker though, I'd say wait. More companies will come out with more options eventually. If you need something now, and you don't need a fancy stereo, there are several units that have AUX plugs directly in the front of the unit. Just get a 1/4" to 1/4" and plug it in. I used to have one like that in my Taurus made by Aiwa. Was a cheap stereo (120 dollars, I believe), but the direct AUX connection on the front made up for it.

jason

·
Registered
478 Posts
I don't know why Ford didn't do it, but GM is starting to put Auxillary ports on the front face of their stereos. Just plug and go. The are advertising it heavily on the new HHR.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Pie Is Good

2005 Mustang V6 said:
im looking for some kind of adapter to listen to my ipod im my mustang. Ive tried FM transmitters and wasnt impressed. Ive heard about the PIE adapter and it has alot of problems. So anyone out there have some alternative?
Apparently there was some problems with the original Pie adaptor but have been corrected. I installed a pie adaptor in my 2006 Mustang and it works great. There are some challenges in taking off the front panel but that has nothing to do with the pie adaptor. I love mine. One piece of advice though, make sure you adjust the input signal on your pie adaptor so that the volume level is the same as your radio.

Steve

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone know where I can find instructions on the removal of the Shaker 1000 radio so I can install the PIE adapter? I figure I can go to a service dept at a Ford Dealer, but I'd rather do this online?

Thanks

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
bigplayrayr said:
Ford is coming out with something called TripTunes. It is supposed to be avavilable in December. I was told on this forum it was only compatible with 06 models, but I don't know what the difference in stereos would be between the 05 and 06
Trip tunes is just another FM X-mitter.

·
Registered
39 Posts
pcfrisch said:
Trip tunes is just another FM X-mitter.
Yup... what he said. Here you go people.

This thread has PDF's from the maual for center console removal:
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48851

This one's got a bunch of audio info and has a pdf from Crutchfield on radio removal/speaker removal:
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50809&page=1&pp=15

I got the PIE adapter for mine and LOVE it. My Install is a little different from others. I mounted an 1/8" stereo jack to a blank panel so i can unplug and have no wires anywhere.
http://photobucket.com/albums/y252/kungpao/My%20Mustang/Christmas%202005/

·
Registered
129 Posts
The iPod2Car adapter has problems with the mustangs computer. It causes the gauges to go crazy with BS errors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts