Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been trying to play my iPod through my FM stero, and it doesn't sound too bad, but sometimes I get alot of static, not matter what station I play it through. I bought the Griffin iTrip FM adapter. I was wondering if anyone else has had better luck with any other adapter.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I bought a monster kit for my ipod and it gets interference too. Have to find a station without a clear signal being broadcast then it works ok.

·
Registered
29 Posts
had same problem with static & Shaker1000, bought the monster cable yesterday and a big difference, much better.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Depends on how strong the signals are in your area. Stronger the radio signals, the more interference you will have. Best thing to do is to wait for some AUX adapter for the mustang so you wont have any interference.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ipod problems

I have an itrip and the thing thats wrong with yours seems to be too much volume, you have to have it between 50 and 70 percent volume for it to sound good closer to fifty works better usually. also do you have the actual itrip or a knock off, i bought a knock off first and it was crap.Mine works perfectly, it will even go over the strongest stations i can find, in a good unused station it is perfect.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I started off with the Griffin iTrip and it was terrible. I had nothing but problems with interference. I still have it for something more mobile. What I am using now, is the DLO TransPod. That thing is great. No interference, powers the iPod, sound is crisp, and looks somewhat like a custom install in the Mustang. I have taken some pictures of mine so you can see how it mounts. I also have a link of where you can buy it. I bought mine on eBay though for about $60. Let me know if you have any questions.

Everything iPod....

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
Depends on how strong the signals are in your area. Stronger the radio signals, the more interference you will have. Best thing to do is to wait for some AUX adapter for the mustang so you wont have any interference.
I totally agree. I have both the iTrip and the new Monster ICarPlay. Its all about how strong the signals are in your area. I'm in an area that so many radio stations that its hard to find a clean low static freq. I have 2 freq's that I find work the best. Both iTrip and the monster work great. If I had to choose? Monster just because it charges the ipod.

There's a separate thread about a company coming out with an adapter that will use deck's AUX connector. (fools the system into thinking a back seat entertainment system is in use). Can't remember the company's name but it looks promising.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I ended up replacing my head unit with a jvc cd player with an audio in port on the front face. I personally like that much better than using a fm transmitter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts