Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have acquired a complete explorer engine and am wondering how much better the heads are than the stock heads on my 95 gt. They have the 3bars on the front of them which should make them gt40. I really don't want to drop the cash to buy afr's, so what mods(porting etc) would be worthwhile, assuming they are better than my stock heads. also, what mods need to be made to the explorer tb to make it work on the mustang? Any suggestions to improvent on the intake system also would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
On the inside of the head by the far right valve spring it should read GT40 and on the part # it should read F7TE.

If it's stock , it's E7TE

·
Registered
471 Posts
If I were you, I would invest the few $$ in gaskets, and pull the heads to insure that the shortblock is in good shape. I would then replace the valvesprings with the TFS spring kit, swap out the exploder cam for a TFS Stage 1, replace the oil pump, and then swap over the pan, pickup, timing cover, water pump, and accesories from your '95. (Not sure if you really need to change the tc and wp for an SN95 installation or not, but you do have to on a fox.) Buy an SN95 intake elbow for the exploder intake and a 65-70mm tb, (Not sure if the exploder tb conversion works on an SN or not), and enjoy a motor that makes 270-280 rwhp and at least 300 rwtq. With supporting mods,(pulleys, exhaust, etc.) and a little tuning, a 5 spd car can make over 300 rwhp with this combo. If you shop well, you can do the motor for $500 or under easily.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.