Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FORD (ROUSH and Carl Edwards) has held the points lead in the NASCAR Sprint Cup series for the last 7 weeks. That lead was developed on tracks where there wasn't a whole lot of transmission shifting. Today at Pocono the lead contenders were shifting 7 times a lap. The point leading FORD broke when the transmission balked and caused the valve train to fail. This has nothing to do with the MT-82 issue, but I just thought it was Ironic.

·
Registered
396 Posts
:scratchchin Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.........is ironic

·
Registered
149 Posts
Not only the irony with the MT82 and all, but also with the new FR9 motor this year having suffered little or no failures until now. And yet there was Carl in the infield press suit with what looked like a piece of valve or something.

·
Registered
122 Posts
12blackgt
Made Member

View My Profile!

Sebring Florida

Mustang wins at the Glen
"""The Roush Mustang team won the Grand Am showroom stock race at Watkins Glen for the 2nd time this season. The fleet of M3s and the Camaro SS teams all could not hang. For those of you that don't follow showroom stock racing over the course of the season Grand Am tries to keep the competition level by giving advantages to the losing cars. The Camaros have been receiving these advantages due to getting their butts handed to them by the Mustangs and M3s. Once again this week it didn't matter the Mustang still won! HA!"""

Irony, or Poetic Justice???????????

·
Banned
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
12blackgt
Made Member

View My Profile!

Sebring Florida

Mustang wins at the Glen
"""The Roush Mustang team won the Grand Am showroom stock race at Watkins Glen for the 2nd time this season. The fleet of M3s and the Camaro SS teams all could not hang. For those of you that don't follow showroom stock racing over the course of the season Grand Am tries to keep the competition level by giving advantages to the losing cars. The Camaros have been receiving these advantages due to getting their butts handed to them by the Mustangs and M3s. Once again this week it didn't matter the Mustang still won! HA!"""

Irony, or Poetic Justice???????????
Is there a point to this?

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
They shifted a hell of a lot more times at Watkins Glenn would be my guess.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
What's the point?

·
Registered
734 Posts
The point leading FORD broke when the transmission balked and caused the valve train to fail.
Translation - Missed a downshift, over-revved the engine, and tossed a rocker arm or two. The transmission didn't fail. The driver did.

Also: Grand Am showroom stock series is 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000x more interesting than NACAR. I refuse to put the S in it.

Also also: Did anybody catch the F1 race on Sunday? Now that was some racing.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Also: Grand Am showroom stock series is 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000x more interesting than NACAR. I refuse to put the S in it.
NASCAR has an interest level of ZERO to me.

1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 X 0 = 0

Driving my Mustang is Aweome, Watching Others Drive is Not.

BTW, did he miss the downshift due to human error or was it a mechanical anomoly which caused the gear to be missed?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Translation - Missed a downshift, over-revved the engine, and tossed a rocker arm or two. The transmission didn't fail. The driver did.

That has always confused me, why is it called stock car racing, when the cars are all identical and not available to the public? These cars are ANYTHING but 'stock'

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes! Past two races have been crazy. I haven't seen red flags in two years of watching let alone back to back. Plus I love watching Vettel lose.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.