Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a question for you newer model guys. a friend of mine had a 03 cobra and he put a pulley, 50 shot of nos, and tuned somewhere in south carolina and thats it, and said he ran 9.80s quarter mile. i rode with him in it and it pretty much beat everything that was out that night, but i dont believe 9.80s. and his tires were mickey thompson et street radials.
my 87 runs 12 flat and it did pull alot harder.
is this true with the 03, 04 cobras?? do they really have that much potential with little effort?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
low 11's I cant see more then that. talk is cheap lets see time slips.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
^^I agree, 03-04 cobra's run high 12's. He is pulling your leg big time. With a pulley, chip and 50-shot plus MT;s is not going to get him 9.80's. Are you sure he didn't say a 250 shot lol.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Yeah def no way he ran 9's with that, but low 11's sounds about right. He'd be a lil closer if he had a kenne bell or whipple setup on it.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
na i dont think so.. my buddies 04 2.8 KB cobra custom suspension and slicks 720hp race gas tune only got 10.2 in the 1/4 with traction problems i guess o_O

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Thats close enough haha. Love those twin screwed cobras.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Depending on his pulley size, suspension, other mods and ability. he is running 10.5-11.5.. also depending on weather.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
yeah sadly if my friend could hook/launch right he should be in the 9s :(

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Depending on his pulley size, suspension, other mods and ability. he is running 10.5-11.5.. also depending on weather.
I see these cars at the track all the time they are not breaking the 10's I have seen several run 11's but none to break a 10 second pass with just a pulley and 50 shot. there are some that run 10's with serious suspension work,slicks and a big shot of happy sauce. Thats one thing that needs to be done first to the cobras is suspension work or you will need a tow truck

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Yeah, I would swap for a solid axle and give up the IRS because the wheel hop sucks for drag. (only if it was my drag car)

·
Registered
626 Posts
There are several that I have seen run low 11's with just intake/exhaust/pulley/50 shot... and have seen breaking 10's with the suspension work... I have seen a mid to lower 10 with a ported blower, pulley and nitrous shot... but he also had suspension work... That's why I left such a wide range.. we don't know what suspension work if any... at the least with the 50shot and basic bolt ons he should be deep into the 11's... if the guy can drive.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If anyone says they run a this or that 1/4 mile it's just all BS until a timeslip is produced. The BS stops when the Green Light POPS! Many guys that have a low 12 sec car thinks they got a 10 sec car. It's great to see them at the track, they always say "oh this track sucks" or they were having an 'Off night'. I knew this one guy that had an 02 Camaro SS that said 11SECSS on his license plate and I never seen him brake below a 12.9. People just really don't know until they "have" a time slip. Pick the track, I'll pick the Posrs. Most are all show, no go. I hear "Never been raced on the track, only on the street". I love that new show on Speed channel called "Pass Time", I can't wait to be a contestant.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I posted my paper nothing to hide.I invested a lot of time and dollars to get where I am at. But I do agree with you talk is cheap I love all the excuses when you see them at the track. I love the Pass Time show as well

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
+3 I like that show:bigthumbsup It's on lists of shows that I watch plus Top Gear is the best:gringreen

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.