Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting a fiberglass hatch and if I get it I will probably go with a lexan window. I am just wondering if this would be worth doing. I will get the bolt on type so I can still use the trunk area. Does anyone know how much weight this will drop? The website for the hatch says it weighs 17 pounds and Im guessing the lexan window would only weigh like 5 pounds but I have no idea how much the stock hatch and window weigh. And my last question is will this be a good idea considering it is the weight over the rear axle (but I already have a fiberglass hood and I am also planning to get a whole tubular K-member kit which is supposed to drop like 50-70 pounds, i cant rememebr the exact number). I just figured that if I drop about the same weight from the front as the back then the front to back weight ratio would be about the same and traction would not be affected but the car would be lighter which would = faster. This is just my theory, it might sound retarded but I would love to hear your opinions. Thanx

·
Registered
30 Posts
As fare as the weight thing goes, the fiberglass hatch is a good bit lighter than stock, but I'm not sure how much. I wouldn't be too concerned about the rear end being too light, count on weight transfer. One good reason to go with a glass hatch, is that you never have to wory about rust forming under the bottom edge. I got a Cervini hatch for mine, its kind of $salty$ but its nice!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your input shawn...... Does anyone else have any kind of opinion on this?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.