Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So this wideband and supercharger stuff has cost me a lot more than I expected, Im trying to cut back in places where I can. I have a procharger on my 4.0. Im getting a wideband air fuel, and a boost/vacuum. Im deciding between getting an oil pressure gauge which is half the price of a fuel pressure gauge, also but thats it. Is a fuel pressure definitely recommended even if I have a wideband? What gauges are good for my budget and situation? Thoughts? Thanks

·
Banned
465 Posts
fuel pressure really isnt needed..just make sure your fuel system is enough.

boost/vac
oil pressure
wideband.

most dont even use a wideband, thats really just a tuning tool.

·
Banned
465 Posts
So your saying I should actually have an oil pressure gauge over a fuel pressure gauge?
I am.

if your going to have a wideband, you will see it start to run lean. no point in having (basically) two of the same gauge.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I am.

if your going to have a wideband, you will see it start to run lean. no point in having (basically) two of the same gauge.
By then, it's too late!

Unless your wideband setup has an alarm by the time you get a lean reading the damage will already be done.

I'll recommend a Zetronix setup. Wideband, Lamda, Boost and other 5V inputs you can customize. Available alarm, etc

If you are cutting back now you can always add the other instrumentation later.

It is VERY RARE to loose oil pressure or fuel pressure. The wideband is for tuning purposes. Oil pressure and fuel pressure gauges are for safety. IMHO

·
Registered
498 Posts
oil temp is more important than oil pressure and if you wanna cut costs get an autometer short sweep electric oil temp its about a 1/3rd of the price of a full sweep oil pressure

·
Registered
883 Posts
Fuel Pressure gauge...
Fuel filter gets clogged, pressure drops, car leans out = misfire code,
smashed spark plug electrode from broken top piston ring land.
Track Day... fuel starvation, fuel sloshes away from pickup because of the saddle style gas tank = misfire code, smashed spark plug electrode from broken top piston ring land.
(The 4.0 has a very thin top ring lands)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.