Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2006 V6 mustang and i have a Sct X3/SF3 custom tuner with free bama tunes for life, a BBK cold air intake, and a magnaflow dual catcback exhaust. i was wondering if you think a steeda intake throttle body spacer is worth the money or if i should just wait and buy the BBK throttle body? i read that the spacer wont fit aftermarket throttle bodys so its either one or the other. i have a link to the page with the spacer. any help is greatly appreciated.

Steeda 4.0L Intake Throttle Body Spacer (05-10 Mustang V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
If it adds really nothing to a GT, i'm pretty sure it'll do nothing for a V6 also. I would spend your money on a better mod.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Neither!!!

Sorry but the TB spacer is complete BS and the TB will add nothing or so little that you will NOT notice it. Don't waste your money. Even AMStanger has steered people away from them.

If you want to do something, I would think about replacing that BBK cai with a JLT or C&L. Also look around for UDPs or CMDPs I don't think AM has them for the V6 but if you PM AMStanger he might be able to get them if they're available.

You also might consider doing a small shot of nitrous. They have a nice NX kit I saw that lets you adjust from 35, 50, or 75-125 rwhp shots. The 35-75 shots would probably be fine for your car. And that 75shot would be one hell of a rush:yup:. :winks Plus you can arm it when you want to, so no constant strain on the engine.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
ive never tried a spacer myself so no comment. i have though installed and ran the bbk tb. i liked the increased performance on my car, but the set up is tricky and takes time and a good multimeter and is still not without issues. ive removed it for now till i can figure out some issues.

there are other mods like said that are more user friendly and produce some results. i would consider any of them first. :) the big jlt cai combined with a good exhaust and a high octane race tune packs a pretty good punch for the 4.0`s.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
962 Posts
never tried the spacer,looks like a paperweight though. I have a zabteck throttle body on mine and cant say if I noticed any improvement.

my $.02

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Neither!!!

Sorry but the TB spacer is complete BS and the TB will add nothing or so little that you will NOT notice it. Don't waste your money. Even AMStanger has steered people away from them.

If you want to do something, I would think about replacing that BBK cai with a JLT or C&L. Also look around for UDPs or CMDPs I don't think AM has them for the V6 but if you PM AMStanger he might be able to get them if they're available.

You also might consider doing a small shot of nitrous. They have a nice NX kit I saw that lets you adjust from 35, 50, or 75-125 rwhp shots. The 35-75 shots would probably be fine for your car. And that 75shot would be one hell of a rush:yup:. :winks Plus you can arm it when you want to, so no constant strain on the engine.
ive shot about 7 or 8 bottles through a 4.0L at 100 shot and no problems. i even hot lapped it a few times at the track. 75 is by no means the upper limit for the 4.0L

but yes, i agree, do not buy anything throttle body related. absolutely useless

·
Registered
531 Posts
my tb spacer sounds cool but thats about it. i say save money for some gears and tlok if you dont have them already. this is the next best mod for your car besides f/i. my next performance mod will be 8.8 rear with 3.73 gears and t lok. by far this upgrade will be worth every penny

·
Registered
515 Posts
i have a 2006 V6 mustang and i have a Sct X3/SF3 custom tuner with free bama tunes for life, a BBK cold air intake, and a magnaflow dual catcback exhaust. i was wondering if you think a steeda intake throttle body spacer is worth the money or if i should just wait and buy the BBK throttle body? i read that the spacer wont fit aftermarket throttle bodys so its either one or the other. i have a link to the page with the spacer. any help is greatly appreciated.

Steeda 4.0L Intake Throttle Body Spacer (05-10 Mustang V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
I have a spacer with CCA, etc. To be honest it really didn't make a differnce. Its cool if you going to have a power adder. You ahve to be very careful adding that spacer. It can add in too much air and then you will be running too lean. I did that for about a few weeks. Taken it to the dyno shop and found out I was running 85HP to the floor!!!!!! Once I had them to custom tune it, I was back up to 223HP to the floor at 93 octane.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Had the spacer took it off as it was useless, also brought the TB, took that off to as it was more trouble than it worth, kept going out of adjustment throwing codes and all sorts, I put my OEM TB back on and its made no difference to performance. Save your money and get something else like gears or a t-lok.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts