Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
slp loudmouth exhaust, bbk throttle body, underdrive pulley, and a cold air intake that doesnt require a tune?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Beware of CAI comapnies that say they dont need a tune. Which one are you thinking of.

·
Registered
383 Posts
a tune is not 100% needed but if your spending that much on mods, you may as well get the tune. it will give you more HP/TQ so thats a plus. without the tune your not really taking advantage of those mods. fork over a little more cheese and get the tune, you'll be happy you did.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
that tb is pointless its just going to cause you more issues then good.

The only reason why these cars need a TB is if you are pushing 12psi plus on a twin screw or roots blower.

All the centrifugal guys and turbo guys are making well into the 700 ranges with stock TB's

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
slp loudmouth exhaust, bbk throttle body, underdrive pulley, and a cold air intake that doesnt require a tune?
The combination of the throttle body and CAI might push you into the 'tune needed' area. I would think you might be running a little lean.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Gears are good, and comp stage 3 cams also.Which CAI did you get?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i was thinking about the k&n aircharger since supposedly it doesnt require a tune. i thought i would be running lean on fuel thats why i asked but if a throttle body isnt really necessary then i will just save that money.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
i was thinking about the k&n aircharger since supposedly it doesnt require a tune. i thought i would be running lean on fuel thats why i asked but if a throttle body isnt really necessary then i will just save that money.
With your setup, don't worry about a throttle body.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.