Ford Mustang Forum banner

Airaid with Bama tuner with unlimited free tunes for life ($630) or KN CAI separate?

• K and N with tuner separate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other (please specify if possible)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want the Airaid CAI and Bama tuner w/ unlimited free custom tunes for life combo pack off of AmericanMuscle.com and I am just wondering if Airaid is a good brand. I want it mainly because it comes with the Bama tuner with unlimited free tunes for life, but if everybody agrees that airaid is garbage i will forget about the tuner and get a KN CAI and get a tuner separately. What should I do? Get the Airaid, Bama tuner with unlimited free tunes for life combo pack (by the way it costs $630 for the combo pack), or should i get a KN air intake and get a tuner separately that doesn't come with unlimited free tunes for life?
I have a 2006 4.0L V6 Mustang

·
Registered
662 Posts
I had an air raid cai in my 05 GT. It looked good, sounded great, sealed out hot engine compartment air and I liked the fact that the Venturi came out if I ever decided to go crazy with upgrades. Just don't ever think you can run it without the Venturi without a proper custom tune. I have read bad things.

And while I never had it on a dyno, it did add to my mpg. But I think any improvement to airflow would.

I am curious about free tunes for life? Most come with a couple of free canned tunes, but is there that much of a difference based on how your engine combos look? I would think beyond a couple of canned tunes, a custom tune on a dyno would be the ultimate goal for electronic upgrades?

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I want the Airaid CAI and Bama tuner w/ unlimited free custom tunes for life combo pack off of AmericanMuscle.com and I am just wondering if Airaid is a good brand. I want it mainly because it comes with the Bama tuner with unlimited free tunes for life, but if everybody agrees that airaid is garbage i will forget about the tuner and get a KN CAI and get a tuner separately. What should I do? Get the Airaid, Bama tuner with unlimited free tunes for life combo pack (by the way it costs $630 for the combo pack), or should i get a KN air intake and get a tuner separately that doesn't come with unlimited free tunes for life?
I have a 2006 4.0L V6 Mustang
Matt,

You've definitely picked out a great kit. The Airaid CAI and Bama custom tuner is definitely one of our top selling kits for all generation Mustangs. They're in the same "bracket" with some of the best CAI systems in the world, up there with JLT, K&N, Steeda etc..

They're very sleek, easy to install and it will add great power, torque, sound, gas mileage and so much more when paired up with a Bama custom Tune!

For every Bama Tune we ask you 19 questions about your specific Mustang, including your unique mods and style of driving. This info helps us write custom tunes from the ground-up for your Mustang's mods that will give you the most horsepower that we can safely deliver. We're also constantly developing our tunes! Between our 14 different Project Mustangs and tons of street/track and dyno testing (on our in-house Dynojet 224xLC), we're looking for any minor tweaks to be made that can benefit you guys.

I hope this helps with your decision, let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had an air raid cai in my 05 GT. It looked good, sounded great, sealed out hot engine compartment air and I liked the fact that the Venturi came out if I ever decided to go crazy with upgrades. Just don't ever think you can run it without the Venturi without a proper custom tune. I have read bad things.

And while I never had it on a dyno, it did add to my mpg. But I think any improvement to airflow would.

I am curious about free tunes for life? Most come with a couple of free canned tunes, but is there that much of a difference based on how your engine combos look? I would think beyond a couple of canned tunes, a custom tune on a dyno would be the ultimate goal for electronic upgrades?
I am sorry I didn't include more info about the tune. Americanmuscle.com has also repied to this forum, so you can read about it there. What they do us they ask you 19 questions about mods you have to your car and they write up a custom tune for you to download from your computer to your Bama sf3/x3 power flash tuner via USB and then you just plug it into your car and load it up. The unlimited free tunes for life is where, if you get any more mods, you can tell them and they will write up a new custom tune for you.
I think the 3 initial tunes it comes with are street, performance, and race, and I may end up losing fuel mileage because I wouldn't keep anything in it but a race tune :gringreen

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Matt,

You've definitely picked out a great kit. The Airaid CAI and Bama custom tuner is definitely one of our top selling kits for all generation Mustangs. They're in the same "bracket" with some of the best CAI systems in the world, up there with JLT, K&N, Steeda etc..

They're very sleek, easy to install and it will add great power, torque, sound, gas mileage and so much more when paired up with a Bama custom Tune!

For every Bama Tune we ask you 19 questions about your specific Mustang, including your unique mods and style of driving. This info helps us write custom tunes from the ground-up for your Mustang's mods that will give you the most horsepower that we can safely deliver. We're also constantly developing our tunes! Between our 14 different Project Mustangs and tons of street/track and dyno testing (on our in-house Dynojet 224xLC), we're looking for any minor tweaks to be made that can benefit you guys.

I hope this helps with your decision, let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan
Thanks! Does the Bama custom tune automatically remove the speed limiter from the cars computer?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
My View

I have 06 GT but I have driven a V6 with the Bama Tune and Airaid CAI. Wow! Did not think the V6 Tune was going to yield what it did.
Really smoothed out the rough edges on the stock Tune. Throttle Response can be made even better with a good TB cleaning and clean the MAF. CRC makes great products and the BAMA V6 Tune I would endorse. This is based off a behind the wheel drive. Was installed on my little cousins car. So the before and after is confirmed. My 2 cents

T Wayne

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Thanks! Does the Bama custom tune automatically remove the speed limiter from the cars computer?
Yes. When we write your Custom Tune, we will raise the limiter!

-Dan

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the Airaid CAI but not the tuner. I love the sound the engine makes with a CAI. The Airaid has a good fit and looks good. I didn't notice any hp gains on the butt dyno.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how much horsepower will be added to my v6 mustang?

This all helps a lot with deciding what CAI to choose. i have heard some bad things about Airaid (like someone said it broke near the throttle body and held the throttle wide open while his son was learning how to drive. someone else said the inside of the tube was starting to rust) however, those were talking about trucks like jeeps and pickups and stuff, not mustangs. i did, however, suspect that airaid was a better brand than that :bigthumbsup
the mods that i will hopefully be getting soon is a Borla single axleback muffler, Airaid CAI and Bama tuner. with these mods and a bama race tune loaded up, how much horsepower can i expect to gain? i was hoping for about 50 horsepower although i do think that is stretching it a little. what would it bring my top speed to? i was also hoping for a top speed of about 140 MPH. anything that can keep up with a GT?
also, i looked online and found the Borla muffler that i want (it is a Borla single axleback 11751) and i found some Borla 11751s that are $330 and some that are $390. what is the difference??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts