Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my name is austin,
I am looking at this 03 svt cobra with 20,000 orginal miles with 540whp to the wheels. Is buying this with mods a good buy or not?

·
Registered
64 Posts
It would be cool if you told us how much the person is selling it for. i would love an 03 04 cobra.. I would say go for it!

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
maybe, what are the mods? Does he have dyno sheets?

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Is he a member of SVTP? does the owner have a good rep within the Cobra community? What shop did the Mods? with 540RW it's probably a simple Whipple or Kenne Bell with fuel and MAF mods!, or it could have a race ported Eaton with Cams..
I'm betting the valve covers have never been on the car!
If you said 700+RW I'd make sure I'd find out everything about the build!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
10 Posts
03 and 04 cobras are some of the best mustangs ever built. just make sure he has had it dynoed. People put a smaller pullie and dont even bother to get it dyno. good luck

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Honestly finding one without mods in this day and age is nearly impossible. The engine was built to take it. If the mods were done right and the car hasn't had 20k miles worth of 1/4 mile runs, I say go for it if the price is right.

·
Registered
806 Posts
+1 on all the comments, buying a performance car is always tricky, thats why real gear heads keep most of the receipts. It may run fine when you first drive it but then it could all fall apart in a week after buying it. Just do some research on it and if it all looks legit then get it. Also with 540 rwhp it better have a dyno tune and not a canned tune. that right there will make you not want to buy the car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got lucky and purchased an '03 Cobra with 32K on it and it was completely stock. Now I will tastefully mod my Cobra through a tuner.

·
Registered
13 Posts
03 cobra with 20k miles? go for it, right now is a buyers market, it should go for 19k i guess, i paid 25k for mine about 4 years ago, and 8k dlls more to bring it close to 800 rwhp, lots of potential in this cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts