Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this mean it's being shipped to the dealer? It was at ramp 51 for a bit after being produced on 5/19...."Awaiting Shipment Sent Offsite - Uad23 (Autoport Limited ) Autoalliance International Inc, MI May-26-2010, 09:25 ET May-27-2010" This was from Jonnyb last nite.

Or is this one of those offsite/ onsite moves? Of course the eta is already passed..
Thanks

·
Registered
482 Posts
LOL! My new eta was moved UP 13 days by Ford to 30 May from 12 June. Now who really thinks my Mustang will be here Sunday!!

·
Registered
220 Posts
I am awaiting my GT/CS to be delivered to the dealership as well. I am ford employee at Dearborn Engine and our plant manager told us that all mustangs were put on hold for an engine tick issue with the manuals. My vehicle was built last week and had an eta of May 17th. Sucks but all we can do is wait. When i leave the building for work i see the managers and engineers leaving in their 2011's.

Oh and this is my first post. Hi to all.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am awaiting my GT/CS to be delivered to the dealership as well. I am ford employee at Dearborn Engine and out plant manager told us that all mustangs were put on hold for an engine tick issue with the manuals. My vehicle was built last week and had an eta of May 17th. Sucks but all we can do is wait. When i leave the building for work i see the managers and engineers leaving in their 2011's.

Oh and this is my first post. Hi to all.
Hi..but you really didn't answer my ?

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Sent offsite could mean it is going to be stored in an offsite lot. Dosen't mean to the dealer.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Mine went offsite, came back, and has been there 8 days now with no movement.

I'm thinking they took it around the test track a few times just because it's a really cool car. :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mine went offsite, came back, and has been there 8 days now with no movement.

I'm thinking they took it around the test track a few times just because it's a really cool car. :)
Thanks...did yours go to that specific site?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks...did yours go to that specific site?
I have NO idea where it went. Just said "shipped off site". Then it said, "returned from off site". Then it went into "Awaiting shipment" . . . 8 days ago. After it sat in "Awaiting shipment" for days before it went off site. Waiting "5 days" for Ford CS to get back to me.

I'm close to canceling my order and just waiting to see what dealers get on their lots between now and when my $750 coupon runs out. I told my salesman that Memorial Day weekend was when I wanted it. He said, "oh, that's no problem." That was on 4/3. Well, here we are and no car.

I'd rather have it right than broken but I'd rather have it.

In the mean time, I'll offer a salute to all fellow veterans and active service members. Thank you for your service and sacrifice (yours and that of your family.)

·
Registered
210 Posts
My 2011 Mustang GT was built the week of June 7 with estimated delivery of June 28. It is in a holding lot awaiting shipping. Hopefull it will arrive in time to take advantage of the $500 cash incentive (ends July 6) and $750 cash (ends July 11). Let me know what the duration from Build to Delivery is running if your car was delivered. Thanks, Bill

FYI - When I called for info Ford stated that delays like this are fairly normal for extra caution with new engines and similar to delays of one of the Ford truck models.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.