Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I want to install HID lights on my 2007 gt coupe.

After I install them properly, when I start the car..the senses the lights taking less power that the stock lights and shuts the lights off. I know I can fix this with a bunch of relays but it will not work as well as the proper way to install them.

I took my car to ford today to shut off or disable this function and I am told that they cannot do it.

Is Ford being straight with me ?

Thanks
Grassy

·
Registered
303 Posts
Once the Daytime running lights are enabled, they cannot be disabled. Canadian cars have this function enabled at the factory ( Canadian law ). But a US car it is not.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Once the Daytime running lights are enabled, they cannot be disabled. Canadian cars have this function enabled at the factory ( Canadian law ). But a US car it is not.
+1 every car manufactured for sale in Canada needs to have DRL by law

·
Registered
383 Posts
I don't think he's talking about DRL's. Our mustangs sense the voltage draw from the headlights. When you install these aftermarket H.I.D.'s, it senses that the draw is too low, and then it proceeds to shut them off. I think you need some sort of module/special harness to prevent the system from shutting the lights off. I read it somewhere in the past, but I forgot where it was posted. If I come across it, I will let you know.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2005 v6 mustang,

you are correct. I can bypass ford's idiotic check but I end up with both bulbs (hi/low) being on when I go to high beam...which will not be a big issue..the standard way is easier and better.

Thanks
Grassy

·
Registered
14 Posts
So you guys are saying the reason why my headlights aren't turning on now after I've spent hours trying to figure it out is I need a relay to provide more power?

(I just installed a 55W 6000K bi-xenon kit in my 07 stang).

Everything is wired up correctly but I can't for the life of me figure out why the hell my lights aren't turning on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
287 Posts
So you guys are saying the reason why my headlights aren't turning on now after I've spent hours trying to figure it out is I need a relay to provide more power?

(I just installed a 55W 6000K bi-xenon kit in my 07 stang).

Everything is wired up correctly but I can't for the life of me figure out why the hell my lights aren't turning on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Exactly, you need a dual relay (high/low beam) for the HID to work on our cars. They are not expensive, $12.00 on Ebay. My car works perfect now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, they are correct. I had a bit of a bugger when I went to HIDS.. The computer senses a lack of dray andf shuts the system down because it cannot figure out what to make of it..

However, I now power them off my gas pump...I have been since '09.

No fuss, no muss...

ian.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts