Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm contemplating buying a MMR Cold Air Intake for my new 2011 V6. I haven't done anything performance wise yet, so I'm really looking forward to making my new ride my own. They said the intake doesn't require a tune so it's really tempting for me to check out.

·
Registered
86 Posts
buy the intake and tuner combo from american muscle. u won't regret it. it turns it into a whole new car.

the intake alone is still good, and it adds a nice PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS when you give it gas as it sucks air thru the filter, and it makes the engine noise louder, which is always good.

defintiely see some mpg improvements too.

get it. i know the price makes no sense for what it is, but its still worth it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have had the MMR CAI since the first week I had the car and would definetly reccommend it. Even without the chip/tuner it makes the car alittle louder and like Miller said, gives it a nice PSSSSSSS everytime you get on the gas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does each CAI come with a specific tune? Like if I were to buy the MMR, is it possible to do a custom tune for bigger gains later?

·
Registered
225 Posts
No, only the Steeda Proflow requires a tune because it uses a larger MAF sensor I think. All the other CAI (JLT, Airraid, MMR, etc) do not require a tune but definetly compliment a tune.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts