Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I have had my Mustang about 2 week and I am wondering if it is worth it to install a CAI or not? Does it give you much gain? Does it hurt gas mileage? Sorry if the question has been asked before, but didn't see it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Depending on how you drive your vehicle, the benefits of having a cold air intake are usually quite rewarding. Aside from the deep and exhilarating sound of an intake filter crushing inwards, a cold air intake improves gas mileage as well as performance. I would recommend installing a reputable aftermarket cold air intake system!! Look at companies such as BBK or K&N.

·
Registered
199 Posts
it will do better in every way. k&n will give you a hp gain of 12 at 4900

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
better MPG, better throttle response (with tune), better looking engine bay, and better exhaust tone.

downside: costs $300 that you will be happy you spent on it :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
not hard at all. it will definately help your gas mileage. well, depending on how heavy your foot is. lol

·
Registered
446 Posts
install is easy all youd need is a screw driver (depending on brand)... however when you are purchasing your CAI make sure you check to see if you need a new tune or if the stock one will work with it...

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
my CAI made it a whole new car!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have the BBK intake. I didnt notice any performance gains, but my MPG went up a bit and it sounds even meaner at wide open throttle! Not to mention the stock intake is disgustingly ugly

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
just remove the factory filter and install a K&N filter it will accomplish the same thing for a lot less money. cai's are so over rated spend the money elsewhere.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Go with K&N or JLT. Those are good probally the best cai's

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.