Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All my suspension is stock except for bbk lowering springs.
Now I know right of the bat that I should get some camber plates[ wich ones?]
How about poly bushings all around...is it worth it. I would think so.
What about upper/lower control arms.[wich ones?]
How about bumpsteer kits...do they really work?
How about shocks...still stock.mabey it would hurt.
Subframe conectors, should I go full length?

And any other recomondations would be greatly appreciated.
Thank-you...Greg

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way I said shocks mabey it would hurt,I meant It wouldn't hurt...didn't want to come of as a weirdo that liked bad shocks!
pavich91 said:
All my suspension is stock except for bbk lowering springs.
Now I know right of the bat that I should get some camber plates[ wich ones?]
How about poly bushings all around...is it worth it. I would think so.
What about upper/lower control arms.[wich ones?]
How about bumpsteer kits...do they really work?
How about shocks...still stock.mabey it would hurt.
Subframe conectors, should I go full length?

And any other recomondations would be greatly appreciated.
Thank-you...Greg

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hey, I just posted about my problems with wheel hop. I am wondering the same thing about changing the bushings. Energy Suspension makes a kit for 200 bucks that replaces ALL suspension bushings front to back. I'm thinking about getting it. Also, if you are thinking about doing sub-frame connectors, a company on EBAY called Blue Oval Industries makes a set of full-length sub frames for $35!!! :eyepoppin They look like good quality too.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
suspension

hey I have checked out that site on e-bay too and it looks like they got some decent stuff. And I'm with you, I want too change my bushings aswell.It's got to make some kind of difference I would think.

I'm going to make a new post on bumpsteer kit's cause I'm very curiouse too see if it's worth getting.

·
Registered
122 Posts
just keep in mind that the rear upper control arm bushings in the rear end housing is a PITA to replace. i got the tool kit from anderson motorsport or something like that and i destroyed the bolt that it came with and ended up having to beat one side in with a big hammer. took me 2 or 3 hours with a lift and air tools and working my ass off.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
I would upgrade the rear lower control arms first.

·
Registered
417 Posts
See, my problem is with wheel hop and spinning. I just wonder if replacing all the bushings will make a big difference. Also, my car is a 'vert. Will the frame ties help me with my problem? which upgrade do you think will be the most beneficial as far as traction is concerned?

·
Registered
291 Posts
My car has about 130,000 miles and had the original shocks and struts, just replacing them made a HUGE difference. Even with the stock springs and bushings (except for replacing the sway bar bushings) the car handles much better. If you're planning on autocrossing the car then I'd go with all of your parts on your list. If it's a daily driver or a weekend driver like mine, you'll probably be happy with mostly stock parts. Of course if your bushings are bad, then replace them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If your thinking about changing all that stuff your better off, long term with the end result as well as less $$ aka no good $ after bad, contacting proven manufactures like www.maximummotorsports.com or www.griggsracing.com and get a prepackaged system. Have a long term plan of improvements to match your expectations. These systems will address all your issues, think night & day improvements, even more if your suspension components are original OEM on a 15+ year old car. Doing it all at once will save on labor costs, but doing it in parts means less $ all at once, my rout. Remember to stick with same manufacture for all the major components due to them being designed together as a complete system. Re subframes get the longest beefiest ones you can find, after all your chassis is the backbone that holds the thing together and if it flexes, it does even with subs, the suspension can't do its job. O and those stock bushings, think ABC gum, they suck. Also, make sure the installer knows what there doing, no first timers, and has knowledge of suspension geometry, poor installers can f-up your car and the parts.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like were 90gt is going with the shock comment, my car is pushing 300,000klm with I believe to be stock shocks. That can't be great.

Ang GT40, I think I'm with you on your system of installation. Most likely I will do all at once...thanx for the reply!
My car is a daily driver, 7 days a week so I'm trying to get the best ride I can with all the nice little mod's.
Still want to know if the bumpsteer kit will be worth getting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.