Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm debating whether to get some new racing seats first, like a Corbeau CR1/LG1, or get some new exhaust first, like a Borla ATAK Axle-Back Exhaust. Now they are both stock. I mainly use the V6 as a daily car(exhaust to impress people), but sometimes I go to canyon roads for a spirited drive too(seats to seat myself tight and maybe prevent the passenger from throwing up).

Please don't let me get them both at a time :)

B

·
0 Posts
I'd do the exhaust. I think the seats are pretty good for street driving.

·
Registered
176 Posts
New seats would be kind of cool because it will add a lot of uniqueness to the vehicle's interior but I'd get an exhaust. I only say that because I think the stock seats are pretty decent but that stock exhaust needs to go!

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
yeah, exhaust first...change the seats when they start to wear out...also if the car is 6spd, that Barton shifter would be my first mod, or 3.73 rear gears if you don't have them

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice guys , is there any other better exhaust than those mentioned? FRPP Sport is not a way to go since I live in CA.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Exhaust first. My stock mufflers have been in my basement since 4 months after I bought my car and I never looked back.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys , is there any other better exhaust than those mentioned? FRPP Sport is not a way to go since I live in CA.
They are emissions legal in California, they don't meet the California noise requirements. If Harleys can get away with open pipes I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are emissions legal in California, they don't meet the California noise requirements. If Harleys can get away with open pipes I wouldn't worry about it.
The Borlas are noise level illegal too?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Exhaust first. My stock mufflers have been in my basement since 4 months after I bought my car and I never looked back.
Same here - my stock exhaust only lasted 3 weeks before I picked up some Borla S-Types!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'd definitely say exhaust. I am actually in a similar boat but I was thinking exhaust, tint, possibly a shifter based on everyone's comments that the base one sucks. Personally I think the base shifter is pretty sweet as far as normal day driving goes, very liveable. Never had any miss shifts and find the clutch engages nicely. Anyways, I love the sound of the Borla ataks, find any for a decent price?

I'm stuck between the Ataks and the Roush axle backs.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
204 Posts
If you have the money, the ATAAAAAKs ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well there we have the new story, ATAK or S Type? Or something else?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts