Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 black mustang was built the first week of April and I picked it up this week. Is it too soon to wax? I bought some Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax and am all ready to go. Just wanted to make sure I don't need to wait a while before waxing.

·
Registered
487 Posts
is it garage kept?daily driver?garage kept you should be fine ,touchless washes and a good detail spray your good to go.i bought my black stang new in 03 and have only waxed it 4 times

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It'll be garage kept and a daily driver until winter. I'm just worried about waxing the new paint too soon and damaging it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Most body shops recommend waiting 30 days after paint is newly applied before waxing. I'd probably do that just to play it safe.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your responses. I ended up washing and waxing today. Turned out great!

mcate, how do you like that glass roof? It's the only thing that I hesitated on because I wanted to see it in person and couldn't bring myself to order it. Still kind of wish I had gotten it.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Thanks for your responses. I ended up washing and waxing today. Turned out great!

mcate, how do you like that glass roof? It's the only thing that I hesitated on because I wanted to see it in person and couldn't bring myself to order it. Still kind of wish I had gotten it.
Love it. Most people at shows don't notice that the car has it, since it's black. I keep the shade closed even on partly sunny days, because it lets a lot of heat in otherwise. But it's great at night.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Waxed mine right after I brought it home.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Use a detail quick and I use the green bug foam remover at the local car wash in-between, works great, foam it on and rinse in 2 minutes.:bigthumbsup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts