Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im about to order an SCT tuner just waiting on a response from AMnick for the members discount code and was considering buying one of those shorter antennas at the same time.. i was wondering if the 14 inch antenna would be worth buying since the factory one is so ridiculously long once you notice it.. its 20 bucks.. what do you think?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
thats up to you. I have no need for a antenna on my car, i have disconnected my radio, and took out the speakers. lol Race weight.
Good call on the sct tuner.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have an 8 inch shorty and i think it looks great. I think its worth it

·
Registered
713 Posts
If you get one, make sure it is black. I had a chrome one and it started to rust. They also bend and break easily. To me, it is better to knock of the ball at the top, cut the antenna to the size you want, super glue the ball back on, and then spray paint the ball if you chipped some of the paint off. It might be a bit redneck, but at least you won't go through ten antennas.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i went through with it i bought the tuner and the 14 inch antenna.. and yes it was black.. i just thought the 8 inch one was too stubby .. now itll be about the same height as the roof of my car so itll be more natural i think :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol ok i dont go manhandling my antenna too much so it should be fine haha

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when u buy a tuner from am.com u get one tune correct?

·
Registered
162 Posts
iv owned 2 mustangs. the first had a 8" shorty antenna (black) and my current one has the stock antenna. i notice no difference in reception between the antenna and i wish i could get my shorty antenna back because it looked so much better and didnt flop around on the high way. i would strongly recommend the shorty antenna :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
awesome i ordered it last week it shipped today(both the tuner and 14" antenna) im so excited!!!!!! :happydance: <--- this guy should be moving about 3times as fast to express my excitement

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this is awesome .. it was shipped last night and its out on the truck for delivery this morning haha its like they over-nighted it! everyone says american muscle is awesome.. i agree! i love american muscle!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
this is awesome .. it was shipped last night and its out on the truck for delivery this morning haha its like they over-nighted it! everyone says american muscle is awesome.. i agree! i love american muscle!
Let us know how you like that tuner. :bigthumbsup I'm looking into one myself, but have been finacially distracted by college tuition. :so

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
lol ok i dont go manhandling my antenna too much so it should be fine haha
I'm sure you won't... but one word of caution someone told me: be sure to take it off in a car wash!! Just passing on the advice. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Let us know how you like that tuner. :bigthumbsup I'm looking into one myself, but have been finacially distracted by college tuition. :so
okay man just subscribe to this thread so u get an email once im able to run down this tank of regular gas and get it filled with 91.. and ill come back to this thread and update and tell ya how it feels as im experiencing it for myself for the first time too.. itll be a real-time sort of thing

I'm sure you won't... but one word of caution someone told me: be sure to take it off in a car wash!! Just passing on the advice. :bigthumbsup
thanks dude.. but i think i got that covered too.. i hand wash my baby so unless someone decides to go bending it.. its all good ill definitely keep that in mind tho how brittle it is thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.