Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still can't decide if I want to get legal tint...I miss my 5percent but I want the cops to leave me alone so I wonder if the 35 percent will even look good.

·
Registered
822 Posts
35% is too light and not really worth it in my opinion, I would get at least 20%.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but 20 is still illegal​

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've never ever been stopped with 20%. (Knock on wood) And the times I've been stopped for speeding, the officer didn't say a word about the tint.

Your luck may vary. :winks

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would say at least get 28% or 20% most cops are cracking down on the driver side window and the passenger side window that needs to be 35%.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I think 35% is ok not terribly dark and better off not running illegal tint unless you dont mind getting pulled over all the time.

At least in NC you can run 35% all windows, her in VA 35% rear windows and 50% fronts, I will probably get it done any way because it looks good! I just wish I could go 20% looks incredible!

·
Registered
822 Posts
I think all tints are illegal, but most of the time when a cop pulls someone over for tinted windows, it;s because they have 5% all around and they use that as the excuse. I have 20% on my truck and you can still see inside very clearly especially on summer days and I've seen 35% on cars and just think it's a waste of money, very light almost like having nothing. you could go 15% in the back and 35% up front then it will look a little darker.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, Here in florida thats how it goes 35% in the front and like 28% in the back. I am going to do 20% in the back and like 35% in the front because i cant afford the ticket :heha:

·
Registered
277 Posts
i have 15% all around on mine and iv never been pulled over for it (knock on wood). i got pulled over once for my lights not being on for 5 seconds but he didnt say anything about my tint. :yelwacko:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys :) I think 28 or 20 will be a good choice. I will make a decision after I decide whether or not to repaint the whole car. I got a big dent in the side of it now....

·
Registered
822 Posts
thanks guys :) I think 28 or 20 will be a good choice. I will make a decision after I decide whether or not to repaint the whole car. I got a big dent in the side of it now....
well whatever you do, don't take it to maaco or earl shieb cuz they suck.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I have 15 on the back an 25 on the front. I'm happy with it and haven't had any problems (knock on wood). 35 is a little light, but I guess it's better than nothing. I think that as long as the leo can see you inside and see that you don't have a gun or anything, you should be fine. It's more of a safety thing for the officer, or at least it is around here anyways.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Go with your gut, afterall you will be the paying the ticket. Some officers are more harsh on tint than others. I have 35% on the fronts and 20% on the rear,and imo it looks great and serves the purpose. Why give any probable cause to get pulled over? Good luck on your decision.Afterall,the regulation is there for officer safety during traffic stops and your safety while driving at night. It's not there to stop the appearence of the vehicle.You can also be fined up to $1000.00 as well. (Georgia)

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
I just put one shade under legal on both my cars...well worth it...car stays amazingly cooler while driving

·
Registered
22 Posts
Go for 35% on the front and 20% on the rear windows. In my state 35% is the limit just like yours. I have had three mustangs (91, 94 and 96) and all of them had that tint combo. It looks pretty good and your still legal. If you have black interior like I did it looks even darker too. Just don't go cheap on the brand of tint and you will be all good.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'd go with 25%, give you some tint but doesn't give you the blacked out look. Granted I would go 20% if I didn't mind being hassled by the pathetic **** of the law.

·
Registered
54 Posts
20% is illegal in most states and in mine but ive had it on all my vehicles for the past 5 years and have never been pulled over for it personally i think 5 percent is to dark and can be a pain at night

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.