Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stang? Some guy told me I don't have a 'Stang since it's a V6. I'm new to owning Mustangs and I was wondering if that was true. I sure hope not. He said I can't call it that. :sosad:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Kaihila, if there were no V6 Stangs, there wouldn't be a Stang - period! Historically, it has been the massive sales of the V6 Mustang that has kept the Mustang brand alive - and relatively inexpensive.

You most certainly have a "Stang" - and a very respectable one at that. Don't let this Bozo mess with your head on this!

Look, some people are into their Stangs for performance, some for looks, some for both (me!)...just because you don't have 300HP doesn't mean your V6 Stang isn't as authentic as the GT...

·
Registered
150 Posts
^^^^ very true:winks Dont worry bout it! ITS A STANG ALRIGHT!:cool:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Did the guy who said that to you have a bit of a green tint to him?

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
I would ask the guy what qualifies him as a man :eyebulge:

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
pcfrisch said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA:happyhapp :happyhapp :happyhapp :happyhapp :happyhapp

·
Registered
260 Posts
Tell this ig'nant Hodad that even the first model year of production mustangs back in the mid-60's had (straight) 6-cylinder models available. He obviously has no concept of what the car embodies.

I do believe that your V6 HP output is right up there with the base V8 model of the 64-1/2 and 65 model years as well.

Either way this is an American car in America dammit and you can call it anything you want anyways!!! Sheeesh!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
kaihila,

everyone who has replied to you so far are GT owners and we all feel that you are driving a STANG!

So what is this so called expert driving?

as far as I see if has stang in it's name it's in its blood.:thumbsup

keep on driving, cuz

G

·
pcfrisch said:
ROTFL, what an awesome comeback that woulda been, though its right to the point of it.

A mustang is a mustang, no matter the power plant. Personally, I wouldn't give that guy the time of day with that kind of attitude. I'd tell him to get outta the way before my steed tramples him.

·
Registered
260 Posts
You can't call it a:
  • Cobra
  • Mach 1
  • Shelby
  • GT
  • ..or any other 'named' edition of a 'Stang.
But it is, without a doubt, a:
  • Mustang
  • Ponycar
  • 'Stang
  • Wango 'Stango
  • ...or anything ELSE you wanna call it.
Furthermore, you CANNOT call the person who told you this a:
  • Educated Mustang owner, driver or enthusiast
  • Musclecar expert
  • Authority on American Cars
  • ..or any other title denoting any knowledge
But you CAN call him a:
  • Buffoon
  • Clown
  • Hodad
  • Knob
  • ...or any other name denoting gross misconception, funkified wrongness and general head-up-asseness...

·
Registered
386 Posts
kaihila said:
Stang? Some guy told me I don't have a 'Stang since it's a V6. I'm new to owning Mustangs and I was wondering if that was true. I sure hope not. He said I can't call it that. :sosad:
Hey I'm trying to decide which looks nicer..Your 100% S T A N G !!! or you :winks

·
Registered
12,243 Posts
I concur

I have to agree...it is definitely a close race between which looks nicer...your 100% Stang or you. I think the bonehead who told you that you do not have real Stang was just jealous because both you and your Stang are too hot for him!!!:winks

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Sometimes I call a 6er a Pony, and not a Mustang, but I have no problem like the fool your talking about does. The new 6 will even smoke some of the V8s from past so I wouldn't worry about it. BTW, nice pic...

·
Registered
200 Posts
mrvandermey said:
I have to agree...it is definitely a close race between which looks nicer...your 100% Stang or you. I think the bonehead who told you that you do not have real Stang was just jealous because both you and your Stang are too hot for him!!!:winks
I agree 110% but Id have to go with Kaihila, I love Stangs but WOW!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Next time tell the idiot that "yes it is a Mustang and it came with a big ole can of whoopass with it" And is your inspection sticker in the right place? Have never seen one on the bumper.

·
Registered
465 Posts
kaihila,
You encountered a Moron..........A Mustang by any other name is still a STANG! I don't know if they offer vanity plates in Hawaii, but if they do, get one like mine...that way, the next idiot won't have to ask.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hmm looks like Mustang.
Smells like Mustang.
Tastes like Mustang.

Must be a Stang!!!!

The guys a loser...

·
Registered
6 Posts
What a load....

What a load of HOOEY...Ask this so called "Man" if he has 14 inches where it counts...And if not, tell him he can't be called a REAL man!:eyepoppin

·
Registered
67 Posts
It's great to see so many GT owners backing you, the person who said it's not a stang had their eye's wide shut.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
and eventually you will develop a thick skin... I usually hit 2 car shows a week... if I got a dime for everytime I heard "Oh, it's just a V6..." Or "You should have got a GT" I'ld never have to work again.. LOL! At first it bothered me... but I soon learned to shrug it off... mainly because I got such support from the great guys/gals I get in here....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts