Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering since I have an O/R x pipe how rich is my engine running? I know getting a tunner will fix this issue, but by getting a bigger TB and plenum to have more air going into intake will this equal out the richness of the engine? if not what can I do other than the tunner? also where can I find a tuner for a cheap price??? they're all around $400!!!

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
yes typically having a off road xpipe makes your car run rich, mine smells like a old 70s muscle car almost wanting to spin gasoline out the pipes. i thought about when you get a tb/plenum combo will it lean out enough the richness to make it have a (good) A/F mixture. i dont know i was hoping to know,but i am just going to get my car on dyno and have them tune it for me, because they mess with spark advance too, and i dont want to fry a piston having a lean too advanced car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
dyno the car

The way to find out what the A/F ratio is is to dyno the car. I had mine done and it starts getting richer around 2500 rpms and up til it runs off the chart. I will need to "bite the bullet" and have it tuned to remedy this situation.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I doubt that your car is actually running rich. You smell a lot of unburnt fuel becuase you now have no cats to reburn the exhaust gasses. Just adding an cat-less x-pipe should have no effect on how much fuel is going into your engine. As long as you still have functioning o2 sensors, they are telling your ecm the air-fuel ratio and the engine is adjusting accordingly.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help everyone, but is there anywere i can look to find a tuner for a good price? i heard diablo is a good one...but they all work the same so whatevers cheapest. thanks

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
they all run around 299-499
just depends whats store

diablo i think is 399
and same with superchips and hypertech.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.