1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
(sigh) That is beyond retarded and will probably just add weight to a car that can't afford to be heavy.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
There's a market for this!?!?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would seriously look at it if they could stuff a 427 in it, call it a Mistang. Or Mistake, either one would work.

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
:eek: Those guys need to take the miata out of the equation, if they can't come up with the right product. They've got it backwards. Everybody here knows that the only cool miata is one with a 5.0 stuffed in it! If those guys were smart, they would just build a killer chassis with a Mustang II frontend, and, maybe, fox rear suspension pickup points - with room for a 460. Then you could put unaltered aftermarket cosmetics on it, and build a killer 'stang, without any of the pitfalls which befall genuine sheetmetal - and '60s suspension technology. Once the originals really $hoot through the roof, the replica thing will be much more viable.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I like it... I must be weird....:dunce:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Shelby

Saw a Shelby Cobra the other night.
Fine looking ride.
Kit car.
Who knew.
Had 427 emblem but a 5.0 motor.
:eyepoppin

·
Registered
64 Posts
No way!!

WTF!!! So you drop $20k on a Miata and $13k into this kit........for heavens sake take your money and get the real deal!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wait a Minute!!

Holy Mother of Mustang!! Well --wait -- my 14yr old has dibs on my 2005 GT - I happen to also own a 1990 Miata -- Hmmm -- what if I took the Miata, sent it to New Jersey, did it over, and gave it to him when he turned 18? I know, I would be driving a 117 hp Mustang wannabe with a bag over my head while my kid cruises around town in my ride. Now, a 2007 Shelby GT 500 version, maybe that would work! :eyepoppin

·
Registered
76 Posts
Wait a minute, here. I'd much rather have my kid driving a Miata with a Mustang kit on it than actually driving my vintage Mustang and parking it in the high school parking lot. Besides, it looks so ridiculous that nobody would take it seriously. Now, a Miata with an AC Cobra body kit on it...that would be an abomination. If I were gonna have a Miata in my driveway, however, I'd just leave it looking like a Miata and point at my daughter anytime any of my friends asked about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.