Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question but I get different answers from different people so just wondering...:headscratch:

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
No, not really. Now if you sit there and constantly hit the rev limiter, that's not a good thing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
as long as you don't do it as soon as you start it (i.e. let it circulate some oil first) I've never experienced a problem w/reving my engine a bit.:bigthumbsup

::disclaimer::
however should you hear a bit of a knocking sound do not floor it to see if it goes away.:headscratch::nono:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Engines are built to be run, but as stl already stated holding high rpms for an extended period of time could be harmful to your engine.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
it wont do any damage as long as its warm.who ever is telling you that its harmful tell them to explain thier answer

·
Registered
937 Posts
Too much of anything is harmful. Obviously, since the engine is turning more rpms and more friction is being produced, it is wearing faster than at idle. This doesn't mean you are shortening your engine life from 150,000 to 100,000 or anything. But maybe from 150,000 to 149,000. Who knows? But revving your engine isn't something I'd worry about. Let's hear it!

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
It's like a lion roaring. He can do it to get his point across, but he doesn't really have to do it all that much.

I wonder if my analogies ever make any sense. :hihi:

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
Surgeon general’s warning: high Rpms could be hazardous to your seals. Make sure you are at running temp first.

·
Registered
781 Posts
might not be harmful to the engine yet could be harmful to your wallet if done in front of a cop. :nono::bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Rarely... But we've come to accept that. :D
Ohhh coold ,brutal. LOL :nogrinner
I must say BigWilly your analogies are interesting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.