Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,1990 5.0LX Mustang is the rubber hangers for after market catalytic converter the hardest part of job to get them free from hanger?Can the job, of taking off cats. and putting on off road h-pipe be done in ones backyard?Is there any special tools i need to get them off rubbers hangers or i just have to use harsh force ,dw-40 and a couple hours to get off?Any reason i may not be able to get them off the rubber hangers unless i take it into a muffer shop?The cats. are unbolted and hanging freely from muffers and headers.Thx fro info .if any.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
The hangers are just a simple rod that comes up towards the center of the car then a rubber piece joins that rod and one bolted to the frame.

It should be the easiest part of the H pipe swap. Just push those suckers off.

All you need to do is weld a rod onto the H pipe if it doesnt have one now, bolt it two the header flanges, bolt it to the mufflers, and connect the rod inbetween the rubber piece that holds the pipes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If the darn things are too tight, and you don't plan to use the stock h-pipe again, use a sawzaw and cut the suckers off. After the rest of the h-pipe is off the hangers will slide right out!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.