Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hear both of these in person and know for sure?

Thanks.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Here's a comparison chart from Late Model Restoration that I like the use:

The hushpowers are louder but with these exhausts it's all about the sound. imo

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
I have had both on my car. The GT500's were on my car for about 22,000 miles and they are much louder IMO then stock, have the perfect sound but were not as loud as I would like and absolutely no drone!

The hushpowers are much deeper then the GT500's and certainly louder, but don't sound as good as the GT500's IMO, I had the chance to hear the Borla S mufflers yesterday in person and sound like the GT500's but are much louder. I thought that they were the GT500's with resonator delete (still something I will try with mine) but he said they were the Borla S' sounded good.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's a comparison chart from Late Model Restoration that I like the use:

The hushpowers are louder but with these exhausts it's all about the sound. imo
According to this chart, the hushpowers are only 1% greater than stock at 4K rev???? And the GT500 has a louder 4K rev than the Outlaws??

I'm confused!

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Not so sure about that chart, only can talk about my experience of the 2 and by far the hushpower mufflers are louder then the GT500's. So that said if the outlaw mufflers are louder then the hushpowers, they certainly are louder then the GT 500's :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
3,145 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually pulled the trigger on Kook's axlebacks. Same thing as Steeda axlebacks.

·
Registered
644 Posts
There are serious flaws with that chart. A six decibel difference is what the human ear considers 100% louder- twice as loud. The percentages in the chart don't appear to agree with that reality at all. Also, without the OE stock exhaust to compare numbers, it's almost completely useless- even if it were accurate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts