Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i'm meeting the owner of a 2010 Ford Mustang Deluxe V6 coupe. He is willing to sell it for $14,000 the price was $16,000 at the start but he threw out $2,000. I'm interested in the car but i don't want to be ripped of as it's my first time buying a used car. So i would like your help by telling me what I should do today. As well as if its a good price or not.

The 2010 Ford Mustang Deluxe V6 coupe has:

1-leather seats
2-basic options
3-Automatic transmission
4-66,000 miles
5-Clean title
6-Minor paint damage

So do you guys think that $14,000 is the right price for the car, and is the 66,000 milage high or good? Should I negotiate more to lower the price?

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
it has really high milage for a 3 year old car...I'd offer 10

·
Registered
231 Posts
Too many miles. The price isn't too bad , but the way I look at it is you'll be paying on the car for the next 5 or 6 years and it's not to far away from 100,000 miles being on the car. I would want something in the 20-30k mile range.

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
try some of the on-line tools like Edmunds, Blue Book, Black Book, etc. to get rough ideas of price for comparable car, then negotiate down from there

·
Registered
295 Posts
Like others have said the price is too high for the miles. But one thing on these cars is the build date. I'm pretty sure the car was built in 09. I noticed this when I got my '10 last year. I'd see a car and think dang that is a lot of miles for a two year old car. Then I'd see the build date. I wish Ford would stop selling cars a year ahead of time. But anyway, so for that car it is a little over 16k miles a year. I'm not sure what the average is nowadays. But if I was you, I'd pass and look for an 08-09 GT or an 11 v6.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Like others have said the price is too high for the miles. But one thing on these cars is the build date. I'm pretty sure the car was built in 09. I noticed this when I got my '10 last year. I'd see a car and think dang that is a lot of miles for a two year old car. Then I'd see the build date. I wish Ford would stop selling cars a year ahead of time. But anyway, so for that car it is a little over 16k miles a year. I'm not sure what the average is nowadays. But if I was you, I'd pass and look for an 08-09 GT or an 11 v6.
Virtually all car manufacturers release their cars 4-5 months early. A 2015 model year will almost always come out in July through September of 2014.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Virtually all car manufacturers release their cars 4-5 months early. A 2015 model year will almost always come out in July through September of 2014.
Ford started 10 production in like march or april back in 09. 11 production started in early 10 as well. I think September (for any manufacturer) is acceptable to start the next model year. Anything earlier than that isnt. Just my opinion.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
583 Posts
I understand what you mean, but the '10 and '11 model years were totally out of whack because they wanted to get the 5.0 out there quickly. Even the car reviewers remarked on how quick the 2 came out to each other. A friend of mine just got a '14 Chrysler 200 in July. They all play around with the stuff a lot.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
From Kelly Blue Book, Private Party Sale. With minor paint damage, I'd classify it as Good. Stripping might had run him $800 +-, if its vinyl. If its paint, then $2000 +. Any other mods, ask for receipts or look them up yourself then deduct for depreciation.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
And a 98 cobra is value at 15 with 78k miles....basket.gifthats why kbb isnt trustworthy

·
Administrator
13,330 Posts
Next guy that gives a V6 a bad rap just because its a V6 is going to get a vacation. I`m really getting tired of this "its only a V6" crap. Don`t believe me? Just try it. You have been warned...

·
Administrator
13,330 Posts
Damn straight. Social freedom on allfordmustangs? I think not! Just how the good lord intended

Ohh I get it, your butt hurt cuz you've got a v6 lol

Yes social freedom for ALL mustangs. Some folks like myself enjoy having both. Enjoy your vacation. I can always make it permanent if you prefer. OH Yeah!, LOL

G

·
Damn straight. Social freedom on allfordmustangs? I think not! Just how the good lord intended

Ohh I get it, your butt hurt cuz you've got a v6 lol

I don't get it!......Being a Member of Allfordmustangs is NOT a RIGHT!!....Its a PRIVILEGE!.....1st Amendment Rights Do NOT Apply Here!...As This is a Privately Owned Site!.....The Site Rules Dictate What can and Cannot be Spoken Here!....

And to Mouth Off To a "Site Administrator" ......Well thats just Pure Brilliance!...:grinroll:

Sean.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Some people will never learn. facepalm2.gif

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I found three other cars, all different models and trims. All prices include tax and fees.
  • 2011 Certified base model with 35k miles and one year warranty for $16,250
  • 2012 base model with 13k miles for $18,000
  • 2013 with navigation, sensor, and leather seats with 16k miles for $20,000

What do you think of these cars? Are they a good deal?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Need help picking the best deal out of 3 possible Mustangs

I'm in the market for a Mustang. I've found several good deals, some different prices or conditions.

• 2011 Certified base model with 35k miles and one year warranty for $16,250
  • 2012 base model with 13k miles for $18,000
  • 2013 with navigation, sensor, and leather seats with 16k miles for $20,000

The 2012 and the 2013 models might still have a one year warranty left, but I have to confirm that.

Both the 2011 & 2012 models are base, but I think the 2013 is a premium model. It's got leather seats, navigation and back parking sensors\assist.

Both the 2012 & 2013 are the new model cut. The 2011 is the older cut, which is getting a complete makeover next year. If I get either the 2012 or 2013, then I would just be a model old. But I would be 2 models old with the 2011.

The 1st car is sold through a dealer, but the other 2 are through auction. That's why my information about them are limited, but they're both graded above 4\5.

What do you think guys? Which car out of the three do you recommend?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Are these v6 or gt?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts