Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if the gas mileage readout in the 06 GT is usually correct. It showed 16.5mpg when I took delivery(had 4k miles on it when I bought it)....and it has shown between 16.3 - 16.6mpg for the 2 weeks I've had it.
It just seems odd that I'm getting almost identical mileage as when the car was a demo.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Unless you're in constant stop and go traffic, I'd say that's a bit low. I average around 22 even with all the mods. Even higher on straight hwy driving. Try disconnecting the negative battery terminal for 30 minutes to reset the computer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got around 19mpg with my automatic and a heavy heavy foot on the gas. I figure with normal driving it would get 25-27mpg.

·
Registered
496 Posts
nathansdad04 said:
Just wondering if the gas mileage readout in the 06 GT is usually correct. It showed 16.5mpg when I took delivery(had 4k miles on it when I bought it)....and it has shown between 16.3 - 16.6mpg for the 2 weeks I've had it.
It just seems odd that I'm getting almost identical mileage as when the car was a demo.
On a recent trip from Baltimore to Indy (and back) I averaged 25.5 mpg with the a/c off and speed of 75 with cruise controll. In stop and go traffic I average 13.9...I have an auto trans. You should try reseting the mpg readout by simply pressing the reset button when in mpg mode.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the Shaker 500 system have an anti-theft feature that will require a code to after the battery disconnect?

·
Registered
496 Posts
nathansdad04 said:
Does the Shaker 500 system have an anti-theft feature that will require a code to after the battery disconnect?
In a word...nope. You will however lose all of your presets though

·
Registered
31 Posts
You may need to reset your mpg occasionally. All my mods and I got 23.0 mpg at 70mph cruise set, a/c on. I don't bother intown readings, I like to get on it too bad.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Pretty much all of my driving is stop-and-go and around-town type of stuff, so I usually only see 12.6-13mpg. I live 15 minutes from work, and I drop my daughter off at school which is only 5 minutes from home. So I have to look for excuses to get some real driving time in. Needless to say if I had to drive farther with that kind of mileage I'd be crying right about now.

·
Registered
496 Posts
stlwagon said:
Actually you won't lose anything. It retains station settings somehow.
Wow...how did you do that? I did lose all of mine. Left the batt disconnected for thirty mins

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It worked. My mileage is now showing 18+ mpg. That's an avg for only 20 miles or so.....

·
Registered
336 Posts
What's with the BS about disconnecting the battery? You can reset the average MPG with the reset button!!! :doh:

I reset it every time I fill up.

·
Registered
496 Posts
GeoStang said:
What's with the BS about disconnecting the battery? You can reset the average MPG with the reset button!!! :doh:

Thats what I said...I disconnected my batt to reset the puter

·
Registered
534 Posts
GeoStang said:

lol.. thats what i was thinking

·
Registered
478 Posts
AirGoNomyk said:
Wow...how did you do that? I did lose all of mine. Left the batt disconnected for thirty mins

Maybe it is the length of time. when I have disconnected the battery to reset my PIE adapter (Xm Radio), I did not lose presets. I did however lose changes Ihad made to treble and Bass. I also had to turn on the RDS feature again.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Don't disconnect the negative, disconnect the positive. The negative is the ground to chassis to the battery. Never disconnect the ground with the positive still connected.

·
Registered
496 Posts
BlueStreak03 said:
Don't disconnect the negative, disconnect the positive. The negative is the ground to chassis to the battery. Never disconnect the ground with the positive still connected.
+1 thats how I do it also

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
GeoStang said:

We weren't talking about the trip computer, but rather resetting the PCM.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
BlueStreak03 said:
What is the actual risk of disconnecting the negative? Sending a spike through the electrical system or frying the battery? Guess I need to change my procedures.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts