Ford Mustang Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
The computer is pretty darn close most of the time. I usually compare my gallons used versus what I really put in and most of the time it's within a few tenths. I usually get 19 around town and if I have much highway driving it goes up to low 20's as a weekly average. I've taken a couple of trips, one east of Denver and got 26.5 and the other west of Denver and got 26 (that was driving through South Park at around 90 for some 40 miles). Most driving in the mountains I've gotten low 20's. My wifes V6 gets a little worse in the mountains but alot better on the open road.

·
Registered
111 Posts
food for thought.
1000 gallons of gas = 17,290 miles.
17.29 mph.
i just noticed this the other day when i filled the tank.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Gas mileage 2005 GT

I noticed lately that the avg MPG has been between 22 and as low as 14, were it use to hold at around 22, no difference in driving style.:grinroll:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm getting 15.8 so far....i guess I'm a little more 'lead footed' than I thought.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
We took short trip this morning and the readout said 27.1 mpg in the GT.Cruise was set at 72mph.My new 06' Freestyle AWD is right 25mpg average.The daughters 06' Focus has the best fuel economy at 38mph.My wifes 04' Tuarus(DOHC) is 28-32 with in town/hiway driving average.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I average 21.8 or higher around town (5-spd) and 25+ highway.

Here's a question, though. Does anyone feel like the speedometer isn't right?? I don't have a lead foot, but at the same time, I ain't granny, either! I can be driving down the freeway at around 70+ (in a 55) and STILL get passed by soccermom vans and granny Taurus'. What gives?? I had it checked at the dealer and they said it's right on. However, if I set the cruise at 70 and reset the gauge for mph, it jumps to 68, then settles to about 67. So it seems I might be around 3 miles off?? Is that accurate?

One other note. My Shaker 500 quit a couple of weekends ago. Just no power, nada. For about 2 days, no radio. I pulled the fuse from the passenger side, it was fine. Pulled the fuse from under the hood, it was fine. But after reseating both of those...voila. Radio now works. It also saved my presets, but I had to reset the treb/bass, rdc, etc. Any ideas on what caused this? I have an appt this week to drop it off to check the radio and a couple of other minor things.

·
Registered
496 Posts
fordgrl99 said:
I average 21.8 or higher around town (5-spd) and 25+ highway.

Here's a question, though. Does anyone feel like the speedometer isn't right?? I don't have a lead foot, but at the same time, I ain't granny, either! I can be driving down the freeway at around 70+ (in a 55) and STILL get passed by soccermom vans and granny Taurus'. What gives?? I had it checked at the dealer and they said it's right on. However, if I set the cruise at 70 and reset the gauge for mph, it jumps to 68, then settles to about 67. So it seems I might be around 3 miles off?? Is that accurate?

One other note. My Shaker 500 quit a couple of weekends ago. Just no power, nada. For about 2 days, no radio. I pulled the fuse from the passenger side, it was fine. Pulled the fuse from under the hood, it was fine. But after reseating both of those...voila. Radio now works. It also saved my presets, but I had to reset the treb/bass, rdc, etc. Any ideas on what caused this? I have an appt this week to drop it off to check the radio and a couple of other minor things.
I have a GPS system in my car and it displays the vehicle's speed and it indeed indicates that my speedo is off about three mph

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fuel Mileage

I have checked mine at diffrent times.I get 22.4 Mpg all the time unless on the highway and it get 27Mpg at cruise.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I reset my display with every fill-up. I average 18.5 to 18.9, which is some city and some highway back/forth to work. Yes, I do stand on the throttle quite a bit. The car gets 25+ straight highway. Our (GTs) mileage is not good, until you remember what kind of power we have. Think of it this way, my GT gets slightly better mileage than my wife's minivan.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I get about 16 mpg with only city driving. I reset it with each fill up, and am pretty sure the reading is correct. I didn't buy a GT for good gas mileage. However, the GT does do better than the Porsche I had set up (12 mpg).

21 - 31 of 31 Posts